C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

I like posting in this forum better, Biggest insult/compliment about your car

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 10:59 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by skyhawk50
Best (I think) Female coworker walking out to out parking lot, saw my red '92, made the comment " Oh wow, you got a Ferrari !! " Not sure if tha s a compliment or not.

Worst: Direct TV service tech jumps out of truck, spies my 2 c4's, and make the comment " I hate Corvettes " I asked him if he was here to bust on my my cars or fix the satelite dish.
That tech is a loserrrrrrr
Old 12-17-2014, 01:53 PM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by skyhawk50

Worst: Direct TV service tech jumps out of truck, spies my 2 c4's, and make the comment " I hate Corvettes " I asked him if he was here to bust on my my cars or fix the satelite dish.
I would have told him to get back in his truck.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:01 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by ch@0s

Old 12-17-2014, 02:03 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ch@0s
lol best response
Old 12-17-2014, 10:47 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Haven't really been insulted, yet. But the biggest compliment for me was when I took my Mom for a ride in mine after I got it. She had the biggest grin and told me how much she had always liked the early C4's. It made her day to go cruising around in one, and that made my day.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:09 PM
DGXR
Melting Slicks

Received 346 Likes on 300 Posts

Best: an older friend points to the parking lot and asks me, "Do you know who got a new Corvette?"
I said, "The white one is mine, and it's 20 years old."
He said, "It looks brand-new, like in a dealer showroom!"
I thank him and smile, then he asks me what it's like when I "put the foot in" LOL he's from Sweden
I admit, it does look brand new

Worst: "You must be in a mid-life crisis." Which isn't really so bad anyhow, they're just jealous. I just told them it's on my bucket list and now I can check that one off.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:36 PM
wfd1739
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was at a local cruise when a white trash honey boo boo looking couple with 4 unruly brats walked by, that's when the wife turns to her husband and looks at my Grand Sport and says. "everybody's got one of those". I did'nt say a word and let them keep right on walking.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:40 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by wfd1739
I was at a local cruise when a white trash honey boo boo looking couple with 4 unruly brats walked by, that's when the wife turns to her husband and looks at my Grand Sport and says. "everybody's got one of those". I did'nt say a word and let them keep right on walking.
Never understood people like that. Like someone posted earlier about a tech that saw the posters vette and said "god I hate vettes". What is wrong with these people!! I have a 3 year old Rottweiler. He is so lovable and such a good boy. He really is like part of the family. I'm walking him and some cranky old guy is coming out his house with his gargantuan wife and yells at me "WHY DO YOU NEED A DOG THAT BIG!!" I normally let things slide but this pissed me off so I yelled back why do you need a WIFE that big???? 1 for me and the pup
Old 12-18-2014, 02:53 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame

Never understood people like that. Like someone posted earlier about a tech that saw the posters vette and said "god I hate vettes". What is wrong with these people!! I have a 3 year old Rottweiler. He is so lovable and such a good boy. He really is like part of the family. I'm walking him and some cranky old guy is coming out his house with his gargantuan wife and yells at me "WHY DO YOU NEED A DOG THAT BIG!!" I normally let things slide but this pissed me off so I yelled back why do you need a WIFE that big???? 1 for me and the pup
Hell yeah! Excellent response! I love dogs. Your Rottweiler IS part of the family

Quick Reply: I like posting in this forum better, Biggest insult/compliment about your car