C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

water to heater core problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 12:56 PM
chops806
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water to heater core problems

I got a 1984 with a 350 crossfire injection. I just put a new water pump on, but still not getting any water out of the hoses from water pump or intake to feed the heater core. Any suggestions? If its a air issue where can it be bleed from?
Old 12-16-2014, 08:14 PM
gimpsy
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots of posts on plugged or blocked heater cores. I found by removing the two hoses that go in and hooking up to my hose I was able to flush it out in the reverse direction. Don't run the pressure up too high and have the other hose going into a bucket or something so that you can see what comes out, try this first before doing anything else. Try it both ways until it runs good and clear this took several direction changes on my core.

Art
Old 12-17-2014, 12:52 AM
chops806
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gimpsy
Lots of posts on plugged or blocked heater cores. I found by removing the two hoses that go in and hooking up to my hose I was able to flush it out in the reverse direction. Don't run the pressure up too high and have the other hose going into a bucket or something so that you can see what comes out, try this first before doing anything else. Try it both ways until it runs good and clear this took several direction changes on my core.

Art
Appreciate it
Old 12-01-2022, 11:53 AM
Eliredandblack
Drifting

Received 434 Likes on 363 Posts

I am guessing your car is a 62, since you don’t say. In fairness to our Bubba Cousins, some Corvettes with Factory Air did not have a valve to turn off the hot water, even when the AC was turned on. I know it seems pretty stupid, as the valves in cost about
$ 30 in today’s dollars. I have a 73 with factory air, no way to keep the water running through the heater core, Really Smart. The valve wasn’t to hard to install. My 88 Pontiac FIERO doesn’t have a water shut off valve going to the heater core either. Lucky I was able to Use some Bubba Engineering to completely close the blend door (a plastic part had disintegrated after 30 plus years) to keep the hot air off the AC Coil, it’s not easy to find HVAC FIERO Parts, or even a Pontiac Dealer.

Get notified of new replies

To water to heater core problems

Quick Reply: water to heater core problems