C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Mo's New Corbeau A4 Seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 12:33 AM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Mo's New Corbeau A4 Seats

My original seats have pretty much given up the ghost.

I ordered them from TPS Motorsports, they arrived even before I received the tracking information.

The installation went very smooth, just one note the seats need to have the recline latches to the inside in order to clear the seat belt roll.

These seats are the cloth version.

Enjoy!

Mo
Old 01-25-2015, 01:44 AM
Barchetta
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The fit looks good. I've never been a fan of the look of racing seats, but I do like the idea of the racing seat belts/harness. Seems like they would hold you in more even around corners. Ever consider using the seats for their intended purpose with the right belts/harness?

BTW, what kind of gear selector is that? It looks kinda odd.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:27 AM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Barchetta
The fit looks good. I've never been a fan of the look of racing seats, but I do like the idea of the racing seat belts/harness. Seems like they would hold you in more even around corners. Ever consider using the seats for their intended purpose with the right belts/harness?

Yes I'm aware of the harnesses I have a 5 point roll bar as well. These were also half the price of recovering the original seats. They feel really good.

This car is Electric and has a shortie Powerglide in it. It's B&M Pro Magnum Shifter.

Siamese Netgain 9" motors capable of 400 HP.<br/>I'm running at 293 HP 583 FTLBs of torque. <br/>0-60 5.2 sec.

MO
Old 01-25-2015, 09:20 AM
Mishawaka
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The seats look great but I'm really interested with your drive train. Like, how many batteries, voltage, battery life, etc...?
Old 01-25-2015, 11:03 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

One thing about the A4 seats is that to properly use a 5-point harness, you have to order the seats with the additional hole for the sub belt. You do not want the sub belt to come up in front of the seat base; it has to go thru a hole. Not a biggie to add to the order, it's just an extra box to check in the process.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:58 AM
94z28camaro
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Mo_Bandy
This car is Electric and has a shortie Powerglide in it. It's B&M Pro Magnum Shifter.

MO
That's freaking awesome!
Old 01-25-2015, 12:01 PM
MaxDaemon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 94z28camaro
That's freaking awesome!
No kidding!

Start a new thread on the setup of all that electric? At least a show of what it looks like and does?
Old 01-25-2015, 02:37 PM
Barchetta
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice! I too am interested in your electric conversion.

Gasoline prices will eventually go down to almost nothing as electric cars become more prevalent in the future. They know they can't sustain high gas prices while most are buying or converting to electric. This is why we see gas prices going down now - To keep those from buying electric cars. They probably figure once a consumer goes electric they probably won't buy gas powered again.

More gas at better prices for the rest of us with combustion engines.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:28 PM
MaxDaemon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Nice! I too am interested in your electric conversion.

Gasoline prices will eventually go down to almost nothing as electric cars become more prevalent in the future. They know they can't sustain high gas prices while most are buying or converting to electric. This is why we see gas prices going down now - To keep those from buying electric cars. They probably figure once a consumer goes electric they probably won't buy gas powered again.

More gas at better prices for the rest of us with combustion engines.

Keeping in mind that most of the electricity in this country comes from oil and coal plants...
Old 01-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Tom 35th anniversary
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

What mounts/sliders did u go with? Purchase with seats or use something else?
Old 01-26-2015, 11:36 AM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mishawaka
The seats look great but I'm really interested with your drive train. Like, how many batteries, voltage, battery life, etc...?
You can see more on my website www.ndneyes.com

The motors are capable of about 200HP each 170 volts and about 875 amps each. I'm running at 170 volts and 700 amps per motor. So I'm running as I mentioned about 283 HP and 500 ft/lbs (total) of torque 0-3000 rpm 350 ft/lbs at 4250 rpms, 300 ft/lbs at 5000 rpm. This is all programmable in the controller.

The motors directly couple to the shortie Powerglide which is capable of 1000HP and 100 ft/lbs of torque

I'm running 340V 102 CALB 100AH lithium Ion batteries,( I have space for 108). The batteries are capable of pulling 800 amps I'm st at 700 amps. The batteries are good for over 2000 cycles if they are kept within the 80% depth of discharge.

I can generally recharge in under 4 hours at the public charge stations which is 220V and up to 30 amps.

My range is roughly 70 miles depending on how fast I'm driving. I can cruise at 70 mph no problem for about 65 miles.

For more range you would simply increase the AH of the Batteries. A previous pack I was running 200 Ah and could go 100 miles very easily but at a 300 pound weight penalty.

With the 100Ah batteries the car weighs 3555 lbs.

hope this helps.

MO
Old 01-26-2015, 11:37 AM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Tom 35th anniversary
What mounts/sliders did u go with? Purchase with seats or use something else?
Hi Tom,
I purchased the mounts with the seats. They are the double lock and specific to like 85-96 Corvettes.

Mo
Old 01-26-2015, 11:44 AM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 94z28camaro
That's freaking awesome!
Thank you!

MO
Old 01-26-2015, 12:02 PM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MaxDaemon
No kidding!

Start a new thread on the setup of all that electric? At least a show of what it looks like and does?
Hi Max, and others interested.

Here is my latest thread.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...owerplant.html

I also have a couple of You Tube videos you can search "Mo's Electric Corvette" These are a bit dated now.

I do have plans to shoot a new walk around and drive by with the Siamese drive train. I have almost completely redone the whole car, new rims, seats and drive train as well as battery packs.

For those with the question why? I was having issues getting the car through CA smog.

It runs about $3.50 for a complete charge ( from fully drained) to go about 70 miles range.

Best regards,
MO
Old 01-26-2015, 07:13 PM
pianoguy
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Very cool addition to one of the most unique C4's on the planet!
Old 01-26-2015, 09:12 PM
MaxDaemon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

For those with the question why? I was having issues getting the car through CA smog.

It runs about $3.50 for a complete charge ( from fully drained) to go about 70 miles range.

Best regards,
MO
That's pretty amazing, and at a weight not a lot higher than the original car. Great for commuting and errands/driving in the area.

Sooo .. what do the smog cops SAY when you .. silently slide up to the inspection station? Or are you exempt? I have yet to read your thread, which I will. I'm sure those questions are answered there.

thanks!
Old 01-26-2015, 09:19 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

875 amps must sting a little... Ive read up on your car before and still think its awesome!
Old 01-27-2015, 01:46 AM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MaxDaemon
That's pretty amazing, and at a weight not a lot higher than the original car. Great for commuting and errands/driving in the area.

Sooo .. what do the smog cops SAY when you .. silently slide up to the inspection station? Or are you exempt? I have yet to read your thread, which I will. I'm sure those questions are answered there.

thanks!
It is a registered BEV battery Electric Vehicle, so no smog

MO
Old 01-27-2015, 01:48 AM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Dt86
875 amps must sting a little... Ive read up on your car before and still think its awesome!
Thank you

Yes it can bite very hard LOL

MO

Get notified of new replies

To Mo's New Corbeau A4 Seats

Quick Reply: Mo's New Corbeau A4 Seats