C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

12 hours of Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 10:32 AM
chatham
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Default 12 hours of Sebring

anyone going to Sebring this March? I will be going for the first time. been to laguna seca and Sonoma a number of times but first time at Sebring. any tips?
Old 01-27-2015, 08:24 PM
TorchTarga94
Melting Slicks

Received 191 Likes on 158 Posts

I'll be there. Wear comfy shoes, bring plenty of water, and plenty of sun screen. Not much shade and a lot of walking. Sebring gets hotter than bajesus, even in March. Lately it has turned into more of a big party than it has a sports car event. There is Corvette Corral parking for a bit more money. My facorite spots are at the hair pin by the hotel and sunset bend coming off the Ulman straight.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:29 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

as mentioned....hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, light jacket, extra shoes...prepare to walk as thats the best way to see the race and enjoy the crowd...if you don't have a hotel...good luck this late in the game....paddock passes are worth it as parking is sketchy otherwise if you are bringing a Vette otherwise no worries.

Weds crowds will be light,,Thursday a bit more....Friday will be crowded and race day will be nuts.

oh yeah, get there EARLY....before sunrise on race day and head to the paddock...great photo ops and be ready to get onto the track before the race usually open it up around 9-9:30 ish

good Mexican food at Don Jose on Lakeview Dr if you like that stuff

much more I can't think of now as we haven't been in a few years unfortunately due to some other things going on.....

Last edited by pewter99; 01-28-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:00 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Sebring always gets my juices flowing!! I haven't attended, but am glued to the TV all day long. Ain't nuttin' like it for getting us poor bastards in snow country out of our winter funk!
Old 01-28-2015, 07:09 AM
TorchTarga94
Melting Slicks

Received 191 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Workman
Sebring always gets my juices flowing!! I haven't attended, but am glued to the TV all day long. Ain't nuttin' like it for getting us poor bastards in snow country out of our winter funk!
You need to make the pilgrimage! TV doesn't do the place justice . A ton of history and tradition. And the fact it used to be an air base in WWII(Hendrick's Field) makes it even cooler. Probably the toughest and most challenging track in the series. If the cars can survive Sebring, Le Mans is a cake walk.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:14 PM
wulf312
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have gone the last two years but am skipping this year. It will likely be cold in the morning and hot in the afternoon so plan accordingly. There is hardly any shade to be had anywhere. My friend and I forked over $500 for a golf cart rental for four days. It's expensive but worth it as we like to move around a lot. It provides shade and something to stand on, as well as carries around our stuff. Unfortunately you can't take one into Green Park.

Green Park is basically like a college spring break party. There is tons of drinking all day long, lots of unique camps set up, and god only knows what else. The paddock side is a lot more tame.

It is a very neat experience and I will definitely be doing it again someday. The city of Sebring really doesn't have much to entertain people at night, however. Luckily my friend happens to live there so it cuts the trip expenses by at least half.

It's a truly unique experience I am sure you won't forget. Sebring is unlike any other track in the US. Have fun!
Old 01-28-2015, 04:42 PM
H Watkins
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16, '21

Chatham, sorry to piggyback onto your post, but since you're going to FL from CA, you might need similar future advice if you plan on also attending the last TUDOR event in Braselton, GA (Petit Lemans).

That's what I am seeking.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:19 PM
vader86
Team Owner

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,017 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Still debating making my first trip down this year, probably won't be able to make it though.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:24 PM
DrDyno
Burning Brakes

Received 273 Likes on 105 Posts

BRING SOMETHING TO SIT ON! Make it light weight and as comfortable as possible. You'll find that a lot of the small bleachers around the track have been leased out to companies for the event, leaving you only the grass!

I've been to Sebring a number of times and each time I go, I like it less!
Old 02-09-2015, 04:17 PM
vettekat2007
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Sebring is not comfort city. It is a grind to do all 4 days but it is quite an event and experience. The Corvette Corral makes things more tolerable as there is a hospitality tent by Chevrolet. You must buy corral tickets to be able to enter. Tent has shade but gets hot inside in the middle of the day. They have free water, soda, and juices on ice all day in the tent. Also talks and seminars by Tadge, Corvette drivers, Michelin Tire and more. Small grandstand in the corral will fill up just before start of 12-hour but is pretty much empty most of the time. It is outside final turn 17. Lots of walking if you want to see various parts of the track. Thursday evening around 6:30 is Corvette on-track parade laps (again, you need Corral ticket to participate). An hour or so before the 12-hour starts, you can walk the track near start-finish. All cars and drivers are there along with a crowd of people. Don't miss it.

Get notified of new replies

To 12 hours of Sebring

Quick Reply: 12 hours of Sebring