Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 Gathering at NCM in Bowling Green

Old 02-25-2015, 05:49 PM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by shootnstarz
Looks like some beautiful country will be traveled.

I'm thinking I might meet up with everybody for the third day alternative route that cruises the Dragon. Three days of mountain driving might be a bit much for this old flatlander. But everything's still in the early planning stage.

How many take a passenger and how well do they usually do on the twist and turns, wife "thinks" she might like to go.

Rick
Couple of things, I guess...

1) You're welcome to joing in anywhere/day you like. As for being a "bit much", all I can say is it is sooooo addicting that you'll never want it to stop. And, too... there are fuel and eaterie stops, and lots of opportunities to be a shutter bug and share experiences with the group. One day might leave ya wanting more!

2) Maybe half of the cars last year had passengers; mostly spouses; me included! So! There are other gals going as well. Your wife wouldn't be stuck with an overdose of adrenalin-stoked dudes with nobody to talk to. The ladies last year loved it as much as the testosterone charged half of the group!
Old 02-25-2015, 05:55 PM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ZR1Bob
Hey Paul--I didn't know your wife was getting a knee replacement. My wishes also for a quick recovery. Will we see you both in BG? --Bob (also aka WARP TEN)
Thanks for the wishes. I'll tell her (headed back to the hospital in a bit).

No, Ami won't be riding w/ me this year. Her re-hab is going to keep her out of work for 6-8 weeks. She won't have any vacation time left. So, I'll be solo this year. Hope to see ya there!
Old 02-26-2015, 09:32 AM
shootnstarz
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

[QUOTE=Paul Workman;1589049959]Couple of things, I guess...

1) You're welcome to joing in anywhere/day you like. As for being a "bit much", all I can say is it is sooooo addicting that you'll never want it to stop. And, too... there are fuel and eaterie stops, and lots of opportunities to be a shutter bug and share experiences with the group. One day might leave ya wanting more!

Well, after telling my wife the ride will be like the time we went over the Smokey's in my F-150 she said she'll sit this one out.

I think "too much" probably has to do with finances as much as 3 days of mountain driving. I'm already going to hole up in Bowling Green for 3 nights and adding another 2 nights in a motel and another 6 tanks of gas might stretch my meager travel budget to the breaking point. We shall see as the time approaches.

Rick
Old 02-26-2015, 11:23 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Received 600 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Workman
Thanks for the wishes. I'll tell her (headed back to the hospital in a bit).

No, Ami won't be riding w/ me this year. Her re-hab is going to keep her out of work for 6-8 weeks. She won't have any vacation time left. So, I'll be solo this year. Hope to see ya there!
Hi Paul--Sorry Ami is not coming. Yes I plan to be there (assuming I still own my car, which I suspect is probable but OK with me). Going down Wednesday morning, probably via Rte 57 toward Effingham and then across like I did last year to avoid potholes and bridge repair on I-65. Not a bad drive, just a bit longer than I-65. Haven't completely decided yet. Unfortunately no Mountain Run for me but I am sure you will have a great time. --Bob

Last edited by ZR1Bob; 02-26-2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:57 PM
FrostyWing
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Assembly Plant Tour?

Does anyone know if and on what date a Assembly Plant tour is scheduled?
Thanks in advance!
Old 02-26-2015, 07:14 PM
cormorant71
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FrostyWing
Does anyone know if and on what date a Assembly Plant tour is scheduled?
Thanks in advance!
Tours will be at 8:30, 11:30 and 1:00 on thursday. nothing on friday
Old 02-27-2015, 09:31 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

[QUOTE=shootnstarz;1589054177]
Couple of things, I guess...

Well, after telling my wife the ride will be like the time we went over the Smokey's in my F-150 she said she'll sit this one out.

I think "too much" probably has to do with finances as much as 3 days of mountain driving. I'm already going to hole up in Bowling Green for 3 nights and adding another 2 nights in a motel and another 6 tanks of gas might stretch my meager travel budget to the breaking point. We shall see as the time approaches.

Rick
No problem. Glad to have you for what ever segment you can make it. More info to follow - maybe later today!
Old 03-01-2015, 01:03 PM
shootnstarz
Burning Brakes

Yippee! I won (very, very rare) a one year membership to the NCM at a car show yesterday.

Just how fast do ya'll take on these roads? I'm sure some would want to really exercise their suspensions while some would enjoy taking the turns at fun but comfortable speeds. How does this work out to keep the herd somewhat together?

Rick
Old 03-03-2015, 07:42 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Yippee! I won (very, very rare) a one year membership to the NCM at a car show yesterday.

Just how fast do ya'll take on these roads? I'm sure some would want to really exercise their suspensions while some would enjoy taking the turns at fun but comfortable speeds. How does this work out to keep the herd somewhat together?

Rick
Very appropriate question!

Spirited, but NOT stupid! (We don't want anyone contributing to the "Tree of Shame"!! But, that said, you want to have good tires and brakes! (I installed new Nitto 555/555r tires (needed new tires anyway) and the Hawk HSP brake pads (needed new pads anyway as well) and the combination far exceeded anything we encountered the whole 3 days!)

And, as for additional convenience and safety, we all had copies of route maps (GPS was a little sketchy in the mountains), and all are encouraged to bring an FRS* 2-way radios with them for traffic or road condition updates as they are encountered along the route, and to help keep everyone together, etc.

*For what it is worth, the Motorola FRS radios worked the best. Some drivers had other brands; some good; some not so good. But, the "Moto's" seemed to have the best reliability of all in our group. (I think I paid around $140 for a pair of Motorola FRS/GMRS radios and the charger at Radio Shack.)

Last edited by Paul Workman; 03-03-2015 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:49 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Tree of Shame
That's ugly Many rider's last ride was The Dragon
Old 03-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by PLRX
That's ugly Many rider's last ride was The Dragon
The day after we "did the Dragon", a ricer sports car club ran it and one of them "lost it" and made the transformation from the living to the spiritual.

Nah... We ain't gonna be addin' no C4 parts to that tree!

Speaking of which, there are a couple minor updates to the MR3 for those needing or wanting to know the latest info: MR3

Last edited by Paul Workman; 03-05-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:44 AM
shootnstarz
Burning Brakes

Since this will be my first gathering what do folks do during the day. Is there a set itinerary everybody does? Is it just a loose group going in all directions? Does everybody just hang out in the parking lot and oogle Corvettes?

I definitely want to catch the plant and museum but what other activities are waiting in the wind?

Rick
Old 03-09-2015, 06:51 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Since this will be my first gathering what do folks do during the day. Is there a set itinerary everybody does? Is it just a loose group going in all directions? Does everybody just hang out in the parking lot and oogle Corvettes?

I definitely want to catch the plant and museum but what other activities are waiting in the wind?

Rick
It is a banner year for the Gathering this year; BBQs, tech seminars, road trips, Corvette assembly tours, and the new attraction this year being the new Motorsports Park!

The "Park" activities are alone as much or more of a planning burden as the entire Gathering as been in the past. In the final stages now, hopefully the details will be worked out later this week.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:35 AM
shootnstarz
Burning Brakes

Thanks Paul, really looking forward to this trip. Luv me some BBQ !!!

Rick
Old 03-20-2015, 10:56 AM
shootnstarz
Burning Brakes

Registration is now open. Git'ter done before Apr 15 or it will cost you more.

The events and event cost are posted now too, if they weren't already. Bring your helmet for the autocross !!!

Rick
Old 04-15-2015, 10:12 AM
shootnstarz
Burning Brakes

Register today or it will cost you another $25, a fortune in my book.

Rick

Last edited by shootnstarz; 04-15-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:30 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Register today or it will cost you another $25, a fortune in my book.

Rick
Check your credit card

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Gathering at NCM in Bowling Green

Old 04-15-2015, 10:33 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
Check your credit card
What happend there was trying to help a guy that forgot his hotel
Old 04-15-2015, 10:57 AM
shootnstarz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
What happend there was trying to help a guy that forgot his hotel
Thanks ant, after I posted for help I found the hotel and edited the post. After reading the reviews I think I'm going to cancel that one.

I know people don't usually post good things in reviews but these all focused on the same thing, roaches, rude staff and dirty rooms.

I'd consider camping if there was a nice site close by.

Rick
Old 04-15-2015, 11:08 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Thanks ant, after I posted for help I found the hotel and edited the post. After reading the reviews I think I'm going to cancel that one.

I know people don't usually post good things in reviews but these all focused on the same thing, roaches, rude staff and dirty rooms.

I'd consider camping if there was a nice site close by.

Rick
Make sure everything is not all booked first

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C4 Gathering at NCM in Bowling Green