C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 Lifter Bars/Guides

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 11:02 PM
rayou01
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4 Lifter Bars/Guides

I had a question about some lifters. I'm in the market for a Comp Cam Cam Kit that comes with hydraulic roller lifters for an LT1. It shows that the lifters don't have a link bar. Now I don't know if this is a stupid question, but is a link bar required for lifters? If so how can I find the right link bar for the lifters I'm interest in purchasing? I want to buy this Comp Cam Cam Kit that includes almost everything. (1.6 rockers I already have).

This is the kit:

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...Code=K07-468-8

What more would I need? Are pushrod guides, lifter retainers, and lifter guides also necessary? I want to be able to know what more parts I would need that would allow for this cam kit to function properly.

Thanks guys,
Ray
Old 02-10-2015, 04:12 PM
RobnLisa
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ray, this kit comes with OEM style lifters which means you just reuse your origional guides and retainer plate. LT1 heads already have guide plates on them i believe. When you get the intake off you will see the retainer plate and guides for the lifters, all the guides do is keep the lifter from turning. This keeps the roller wheel rolling on the cam.

Quick Reply: C4 Lifter Bars/Guides