C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Help me eliminate the anti theft alarm in 1986 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 01:37 PM
hammsammich
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me eliminate the anti theft alarm in 1986 Corvette

I'm having problems with the anti theft alarm going off every time I open the doors. Right now I've just unplugged the horns but I just want to totally eliminate it.

When I put my key in the door locks to deactivate the alarm it doesn't work and the horns just keep beeping. I have no interest in fixing it so it works correctly. I just want to eliminate it.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:10 PM
Hot Rod Roy
Safety Car

Received 536 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by hammsammich
When I put my key in the door locks to deactivate the alarm it doesn't work and the horns just keep beeping.
I suspect your alarm circuit is the same as my '84. The switches in the door keys are getting old. They are supposed to provide a ground signal to pin H of your Theft Deterrent Control Module to disarm the circuit. This module is located behind the dash panel, directly in front of the passenger seat (USA), to the right of the ECM. Unplug this module . . . no more false (or true) alarms.

The other alternative is to lock your doors with the manual lock levers or the door key. Don't use the power door lock buttons. The power lock buttons arm the alarm system.

Quick Reply: Help me eliminate the anti theft alarm in 1986 Corvette