C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Interior Trim Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 09:56 AM
Terry J
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Interior Trim Question

I have seen this in a few pictures and I was wondering how does one go about fixing it or what is it called so I can order a new one??? Thanks for the help.
Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2015, 11:47 AM
kenpeindl
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

I would try something like carpet/headliner spray adhesive. Cover the carpet and spray generous amount to both sides and immediately clamp for permanent adhesion. Leave the foam like stuff in between the two pieces. You can also get this adhesive in a can to brush on.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:45 PM
Terry J
Instructor

Originally Posted by kenpeindl
I would try something like carpet/headliner spray adhesive. Cover the carpet and spray generous amount to both sides and immediately clamp for permanent adhesion. Leave the foam like stuff in between the two pieces. You can also get this adhesive in a can to brush on.
I wonder about leaving the foam stuff. Do you think it might disintegrate more and come apart again? Headed to the parts store now to get some.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:52 PM
kenpeindl
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

If anything the glue should help keep it together. If you remove the foam stuff you will have a gap between the two pieces of plastic since it was part of the molding process. I figure you got nothing to loose other than the price of the glue.There is always side panels coming up for sale just got to wait for your color and the right price.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:42 PM
Terry J
Instructor

Guess well see tonight!! LOL
Old 03-30-2015, 02:49 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

just throwing this out - a little food for thought. on my 85, I was replacing the carpet on the bottom of the door panels. one side I used heavy duty spray carpet/headliner adhesive, and that sort of worked OK. on the drivers side, I used my craftsman hot glue gun with general purpose glue sticks. that worked much better - several months now, and no bonding issues so far.

Get notified of new replies

To Interior Trim Question

Quick Reply: Interior Trim Question