C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 11:25 AM
aDigitalPhantom
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Instrument cluster

Does anyone happen to have a gauge cluster for late c4 that they could take some detailed measurements from? I noticed that the 97-02 Camaro cluster is the same size, but I think it mounts slightly different.

I'm looking into changing the cluster because a while ago my speedometer started acting up, and since then I have noticed it only acts up when the interior gets hot. My guess is the CCM has some problem.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:40 PM
kg4fku
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyowner
Does anyone happen to have a gauge cluster for late c4 that they could take some detailed measurements from? I noticed that the 97-02 Camaro cluster is the same size, but I think it mounts slightly different.

I'm looking into changing the cluster because a while ago my speedometer started acting up, and since then I have noticed it only acts up when the interior gets hot. My guess is the CCM has some problem.
Hmm... wonder if there is a possiblity in using the Camaro cluster and electronics to do an LSX swap in an LTX car???? I'm sure someone has already done the research.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:47 PM
aDigitalPhantom
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kg4fku
Hmm... wonder if there is a possiblity in using the Camaro cluster and electronics to do an LSX swap in an LTX car???? I'm sure someone has already done the research.
That is a very small part of the reason I am looking at this. I have a 5.3L LS in my car. If the top speed the speedometer reports when it acting up is any indication the C4 speedometer will go up to 220mph, and the better Camaro cluster 155mph but I don't think I need the speedometer to read 155+ anyway.

The clear plastic piece and black panel on the cluster would need to be kept from the C4 and modded to work, but other then that and possible mounting changes they are the same size. I have access to a Camaro cluster, but I don't have one I can measure for the C4. When I changed the light bulbs in the C4 cluster I quickly compared them, but not in enough detail to verify mounting locations etc.

Get notified of new replies

To Instrument cluster

Quick Reply: Instrument cluster