Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 01:05 PM
johngammel
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C4 of the Year Finalist

Default Which Seat CoverColor for '88 35th Anniversary

Apparently GM used two different leather colors for the seats in the 1988 35th Anniversary. In the CA catalog they are 88 Anniversary (Code 77) and 92-93 White (Code 83). My seats were redyed years ago to a bright white so they don't make a good reference. The upholstery guy pulled back the leather to reveal one spot that was missed during the redye and it was close to the Code 77 "cream" color. He also thought the door panels were a reasonable match to the #77.

My sequence number is 1756. Does anyone know which is the correct original color? Live close to Englewood and have a 35th - I'd like to see it.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:31 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

I just installed new 35th white seats. The later C4 white is much brighter than the 35th white. I didn't order by color but by the year, 1988 35th white. My car is 0009.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:40 PM
Phatphil
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=johngammel;1589457727]Apparently GM used two different leather colors for the seats in the 1988 35th Anniversary. In the CA catalog they are 88 Anniversary (Code 77) and 92-93 White (Code 83). My seats were redyed years ago to a bright white so they don't make a good reference. The upholstery guy pulled back the leather to reveal one spot that was missed during the redye and it was close to the Code 77 "cream" color. He also thought the door panels were a reasonable match to the #77.

My sequence number is 1756. Does anyone know which is the correct original color? Live close to Englewood and have a 35th - I'd like to see it.[/QU
John...I recently purchased an 88 Triple White car with the original interior that needs replaced. Is the interior color code on the build sheet under the console deck lid? I wrote down the numbers and if you can tell me how to decipher the sequence I'll let you know what is in mine. Is that sheet the options list for the car? If it is how do I find what the numbers/codes are? My car is number 208. If I can find any other numbers, tell me where to look and I'll try to help you out. If you replace your seat covers I will be curious to see the final product as that is on my to-do list.
Had2hav2...you're quicker than me, very nice seats-where are they from? Did you install them? If so, how difficult of a job is it?

Last edited by Phatphil; 04-20-2015 at 08:45 PM. Reason: too slow
Old 04-21-2015, 12:54 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

I bought the seats from Vette works International. Vette works got them from Mid-America. I purchased the seat leather attached to new foam, cheaper that way. I had to install the back seat Bolsters myself. Originals were stapled on the upper seat frame. I used small screws. I used white zip ties to attach the Bolsters to the rod that is inside the monogramed back piece. This the second time I have done this over 18 years. My advise is to let a upholster shop do it for you. Job is not difficult but not simple either. If you have never worked with hog rings, send the work out. I am also not going to install the Bolster / Recline switch or the Lumbar bladder switch that pumps up. Only my recline works so I set it and unhooked the switch under the seat. That part is the hardest to do, cut your new seat leather with a razor knife.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:01 PM
Phatphil
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HAD2HAV2
I bought the seats from Vette works International. Vette works got them from Mid-America. I purchased the seat leather attached to new foam, cheaper that way. I had to install the back seat Bolsters myself. Originals were stapled on the upper seat frame. I used small screws. I used white zip ties to attach the Bolsters to the rod that is inside the monogramed back piece. This the second time I have done this over 18 years. My advise is to let a upholster shop do it for you. Job is not difficult but not simple either. If you have never worked with hog rings, send the work out. I am also not going to install the Bolster / Recline switch or the Lumbar bladder switch that pumps up. Only my recline works so I set it and unhooked the switch under the seat. That part is the hardest to do, cut your new seat leather with a razor knife.

Had2...thanks for the reply and the info.

Get notified of new replies

To Which Seat CoverColor for '88 35th Anniversary

Quick Reply: Which Seat CoverColor for '88 35th Anniversary