Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Anyone dealt with DOCZ- 1st Rate Corvette Parts & Acc?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 11:17 PM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Anyone dealt with DOCZ- 1st Rate Corvette Parts & Acc?

I'm looking to buy a set of silver painted C4 ZR1 style A-mold knockoffs with the machined lip in 17" x 9.5" (fronts) and 17" x 11" (rears). DOCZ seems to have what I'm after and I know that they're a supporting Vendor on the forum but, before I "pays my money and takes my chances", I thought I'd reach out to the group here and find out what others' experiences have been with (a.) the company and (b.) with their wheels. I've currently got polished AFS wheels on my car and have been very happy with them but I want to step up to wider 315 tires on the back and I also want to go to the OEM-style painted finish. So now I need to buy a new set of wheels. (It's cheaper to buy new than it is to buy used and refinish them!) So, you guys are the experts... How's the company to deal with? How good/bad are the wheels? How true are they as far as their balance is concerned? Their offsets are 56 & 50MM so how's that going to work out with my new 315 Sumi's? I'm looking forward to being educated. Fire away!
Old 04-23-2015, 06:27 AM
eschoendorff
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Old 04-23-2015, 07:35 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,444 Likes on 2,802 Posts

He's a stand up guy. I almost bought some OEM Cup wheels from him for my C6GS, but ended up sticking with the factory wheels (I didn't want to have to go up to 19/20 tire setup - at the time there was nothing I was interested in tire wise for that size). He was really helpful and patient throughout the whole process.

As far as the quality of the replicas goes, I can't comment. Obviously they're not going to be as high quality as a forged wheel like an HRE, and probably won't even be as nice as an OZ Racing or TSW, but they are inexpensive and there's something to be said for that. He sells a lot to the C6 guys and they don't seem to have any issues with them, who knows how hard they use them though.

My instructor's old C4 track car ran OE Wheels repro ZR1 wheels on the track, on slicks, and they never gave him any issues. So I'd say that if they can hold up to that, they should work fine for normal driving.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:31 PM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FAUEE
He's a stand up guy. I almost bought some OEM Cup wheels from him for my C6GS, but ended up sticking with the factory wheels (I didn't want to have to go up to 19/20 tire setup - at the time there was nothing I was interested in tire wise for that size). He was really helpful and patient throughout the whole process.

As far as the quality of the replicas goes, I can't comment. Obviously they're not going to be as high quality as a forged wheel like an HRE, and probably won't even be as nice as an OZ Racing or TSW, but they are inexpensive and there's something to be said for that. He sells a lot to the C6 guys and they don't seem to have any issues with them, who knows how hard they use them though.

My instructor's old C4 track car ran OE Wheels repro ZR1 wheels on the track, on slicks, and they never gave him any issues. So I'd say that if they can hold up to that, they should work fine for normal driving.
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 04-24-2015, 10:56 AM
astepup
Melting Slicks

Received 1,797 Likes on 666 Posts

Got mine from Doc a few years ago and couldn't be happier. Mounted and balanced the tires and no issues with vibration at all. Upon delivery I noticed UPS had caused a very minor ding on the outer lip of one rim. I called Doc and he immediately offered to ship a replacement. It was such a small ding I told him that wasn't necessary...I was in a hurry to get my new wheels on and cruise As far as I'm concerned the prices/quality/customer service are hard to beat. And of course I must take this opportunity to shamelessly post a pic

astepup said that

Last edited by astepup; 04-24-2015 at 10:58 AM. Reason: pic
Old 04-24-2015, 03:57 PM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

I bought a set of a-molds over 4 years ago from them. He was great to work with then and im sure he is now.

The wheels themselves have been great and the chrome finish still looks like day 1. The only parts that didn't go as planned was the emblems on the center caps. They peeled off after a couple washes but I didn't mind as I actually like the look more without.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:21 PM
steve1657
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by astepup
Got mine from Doc a few years ago and couldn't be happier. Mounted and balanced the tires and no issues with vibration at all. Upon delivery I noticed UPS had caused a very minor ding on the outer lip of one rim. I called Doc and he immediately offered to ship a replacement. It was such a small ding I told him that wasn't necessary...I was in a hurry to get my new wheels on and cruise As far as I'm concerned the prices/quality/customer service are hard to beat. And of course I must take this opportunity to shamelessly post a pic

astepup said that
Nice Nice, sweet ride and looks sharp! I think those exact rims would be perfect on my black 95 vert. Stop making me want...
Old 04-26-2015, 09:45 PM
Retxpres
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I dealt with this company last spring (2014). They were top rate!

Old 04-27-2015, 09:31 PM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by astepup

astepup said that
Thanks for your review and the pic! Nice ride BTW!
Old 04-27-2015, 09:32 PM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dubin4life
I bought a set of a-molds over 4 years ago from them. He was great to work with then and im sure he is now.

The wheels themselves have been great and the chrome finish still looks like day 1. The only parts that didn't go as planned was the emblems on the center caps. They peeled off after a couple washes but I didn't mind as I actually like the look more without.
Thanks for your review; this is all sounding very positive!
Old 04-27-2015, 09:33 PM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Retxpres
I dealt with this company last spring (2014). They were top rate!

Ok - all concerns are alleviated! Thanks for the post. Basic B&W always looks good!

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone dealt with DOCZ- 1st Rate Corvette Parts & Acc?

Quick Reply: Anyone dealt with DOCZ- 1st Rate Corvette Parts & Acc?