C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

1986 passenger headlight motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 09:42 AM
nikos1986
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1986 passenger headlight motor

hi, the right side headlight wont open when lights turned on, i have to push on the headlight manually all the way to open position, it closes on its own when the headlights are tuned off from dash , thought it was gears, i changed motor and gears with other ones i had still same problem, i have to physically push on it to open and it droops a bit when all the way up, any suggestions please and thanks

Last edited by nikos1986; 05-06-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:51 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by nikos1986
hi, the right side headlight wont open when lights turned on, if i push on the headlight then it opens,it closes when the headlight are tuned off , thought it was gears, i changed motor and gears with other ones i had still same problem, i have to physically push on it to open and it droops a bit when all the way up, any suggestions please and thanks
nikos1986

My Corvette Photos
Default 1986 passenger headlight motor
hi, the right side headlight wont open when lights turned on, if i push on the headlight then it opens,it closes when the headlight are tuned off , thought it was gears, i changed motor and gears with other ones i had still same problem, i have to physically push on it to open and it droops a bit when all the way up, any suggestions please and thanks
nikos1986 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 08:44 AM #2
gregs86
CF Member

My Corvette Photos
Mine was the brushes not making good enough contact just bent them in a little fixed it.
gregs86 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 09:22 AM #3
nikos1986

My Corvette Photos
Default headlight motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs86 View Post
Mine was the brushes not making good enough contact just bent them in a little fixed it.
thanks where exactly is that, and did it help the drooping down a bit as i have thanks
nikos1986 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 10:36 AM #4
antfarmer2
CF Senior Member

My Corvette Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos1986 View Post
Check the voltage at the plug to the motors. Its three wires; gound, up and down. This is controled by the head light relay.
If that it OK, then the cut off switch in the motor is bad. It works when the motor torques up and the armature is forced up or down. This opens a switch inside the motor housing.

Quick Reply: 1986 passenger headlight motor