C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

First response from a C7 in my C4.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 09:42 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by v8vette84
I was working at Advance auto parts when I first got my C4 and some D-bag customer came in and said "Is that your Corvette on the side?" I said "yea", and he said "Why?, that is the worst generation, slow and junky, why would you buy that!?" I said "believe what you want to believe man" That to me was extremely rude, plus I couldn't say anything because he was a "customer" and my boss was right there but he drove a beat *** subaru wagon. I wanted to say "Look what you are driving *******!" haha Another C4 hater and I'll bet he has never even touched one, probably read online that the C4 is crap and straight up believed it. I mean I ALWAYS believe what I read on the internet......

Or as Peter Griffin once said, "I believe everything everyone tell me anywhere."
Wow what a loser that guy is lmao LOOOOOSERRR. People like that lead sad worthless lives. Ughhhhh that story pissed me off. My first vette I ever rode in was a 92 LT1 and it was my dads. I loved that car and still do!!! C4 has a more raw and viceral driving experience. They are awesome cars Fuq the haters.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:01 PM
rocco16
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 129 Posts

I was working at Advance auto parts when I first got my C4 and some D-bag customer came in and said "Is that your Corvette on the side?" I said "yea", and he said "Why?, that is the worst generation, slow and junky, why would you buy that!?" I said "believe what you want to believe man" That to me was extremely rude, plus I couldn't say anything because he was a "customer" and my boss was right there but he drove a beat *** subaru wagon. I wanted to say "Look what you are driving *******!" haha Another C4 hater and I'll bet he has never even touched one,...
He was jealous. That's all.

You have to read between the lines. What he was really saying was "I wish I had that Corvette and you had my subaru...." Seriously.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:59 PM
Greg Gore
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

He knows because he once owned a C4 but moved up to a beater Subaru wagon I guess
Old 05-17-2015, 09:57 AM
Larrye
LarryE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Passed 2 C7's a couple of weeks ago on the way to a cruise in, an all day affair with cars coming and going all day. The C7 drivers not only waved, they were very enthusiastic.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:02 AM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 58 Posts

It's starting to sound like I need to move.... haha
Old 05-18-2015, 02:05 AM
-WhItE_NoIsE-
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was driving my buddies 2015 stingray for a day, and came across a c4. I caught up to him at a light then said "badass c4 man keep taking care of her" he looked at me and said "must be nice to have money *****". I was like wtf is this guys problem I Wish I had money. Lol
Old 05-18-2015, 07:07 AM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by -WhItE_NoIsE-
I was driving my buddies 2015 stingray for a day, and came across a c4. I caught up to him at a light then said "badass c4 man keep taking care of her" he looked at me and said "must be nice to have money *****". I was like wtf is this guys problem I Wish I had money. Lol
That C4 driver must have had a few bad experiences with C7 guys or he's SUPER jealous or both. Either way that's not the type of response that was warranted. That guy was a rude a**hole.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:15 AM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

What I love is when I run across a car that could destroy a stock C4 and the driver of the other car knows it and you end up beating them and they give you a thumbs up. I love that. *Cough* Camaro ZL1 *Cough* I always seem to get Mustang GT's tailgating me, I drop a gear wait a second until they also can drop a gear and proceed to make them cry. Then they always drop way back and turn.

I don't seem to have negative experiences when I beat these cars, I guess you can't really trash talk a car that just beat you, haha

On a side note I saw a very nice Yellow C6 Grand Sport yesterday. Gorgeous car!
Old 05-18-2015, 07:48 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

What I love is when I run across a car that could destroy a stock C4 and the driver of the other car knows it and you end up beating them and they give you a thumbs up. I love that. *Cough* Camaro ZL1 *Cough* I always seem to get Mustang GT's tailgating me, I drop a gear wait a second until they also can drop a gear and proceed to make them cry. Then they always drop way back and turn.

I don't seem to have negative experiences when I beat these cars, I guess you can't really trash talk a car that just beat you, haha

On a side note I saw a very nice Yellow C6 Grand Sport yesterday. Gorgeous car!
Lol that's awesome what's done to your vette ?
Old 05-18-2015, 08:13 AM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thegame
Lol that's awesome what's done to your vette ?
Stock bottom end with forged rods/rod bolts for extra RPM safety, LE1.5 heads (Not real Lloyd Elliot heads but the heads I have flow in between LE1 and LE2 heads, easier for people to recognize), Custom LE cam, lightly ported intake, Longtubes, and other bolt ons. I had 3.07's at the time and I also had a high rpm power dropoff problem. That is fixed and I have 3.73's now so I want to hit the track this year bad! The best time I had was a 12.4 at the track and that was also with the 3.07's. (Bogged bad out of the hole) I also get around 28mpg highway which is pretty good I think. (I did take the time to figure it out correctly) haha
Old 05-18-2015, 09:30 AM
1stVetteFinally
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

I haven't had any negative experiences yet. It's either good, or non-existent. But then again, I'm 5'10/250lbs, generally not the best choice of a person to talk **** to.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:23 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Stock bottom end with forged rods/rod bolts for extra RPM safety, LE1.5 heads (Not real Lloyd Elliot heads but the heads I have flow in between LE1 and LE2 heads, easier for people to recognize), Custom LE cam, lightly ported intake, Longtubes, and other bolt ons. I had 3.07's at the time and I also had a high rpm power dropoff problem. That is fixed and I have 3.73's now so I want to hit the track this year bad! The best time I had was a 12.4 at the track and that was also with the 3.07's. (Bogged bad out of the hole) I also get around 28mpg highway which is pretty good I think. (I did take the time to figure it out correctly) haha
That is a great set up!! All N/a.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:31 PM
856SPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

This one gets a thumbs down.....unless this is your Vette no need for that behavior!<br/><br/>Sorry....to the proud owner 👎
Old 05-18-2015, 02:07 PM
murraybob
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I got my first repsonse from a C7 while in my 84'. I was parked in a Bestbuy parking lot attaching my GoPro to the windsheild on the inside (Just bought the suction cup mount) because I wanted to record my drive home. I hear a little bit of a rumble and I look up and there is a red C7 driving down the lane to exit the parking lot. He turned and looked at me and gave me a thumbs down and revved his car. I just watched him drive off, I was stunned... This was a genuine thumbs down not the thumbs down where you know they are joking. It was some guy in his late 20's, early 30's; his parents probably bought him that car. Anyways I figured I would share as I always wave to other corvettes and I consider myself a nice person. haha I've gotten more waves from C6 guys than C4 or C5 guys lately.... Weird... Not a single one from a C7 yet.. I would assume most C7 guys are EXTREMELY cocky and think every gen but theirs is garbage. Not all but I'll bet a good majority. Anyone else have positive responses from C7 guys?
LOL The guy is unusual. I don't think most Vette owners are like that.

I am still trying to decide if I like the looks of the C7. Great car, no doubt, but weird looking. IMHO
Old 05-18-2015, 02:22 PM
vl5150
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was a douche bag gesture from that C7 owner. Anyone can go into a Chevy dealer and get a new Vette or anything else- that doesn't take much skill apart from opening up a check book and/or financing it. Most of the C4 owners sought that model by choice and it's hell of a lot harder hunting for a nice C4 and even harder to keep them running. That takes skill and some love thrown in.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:33 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by murraybob
LOL The guy is unusual. I don't think most Vette owners are like that.

I am still trying to decide if I like the looks of the C7. Great car, no doubt, but weird looking. IMHO

Right color combo is everything. I think mine looks quite aggressive.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:06 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

My wife and I think the c7 (from pictures as there aren't any around here) looks cool but doesn't look anything like a corvette.

So while we cant knock it as a car it just doesn't have a corvette look to it to us. But to each their own of course.

Get notified of new replies

To First response from a C7 in my C4.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:23 PM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thegame
That is a great set up!! All N/a.
N/A all the way!

I've been considering a rear mount turbo setup for the next build but idk. I REALLY LOVE the roots S/C whine but harder than hell to get one for the LT1. I love my LT, I love being the underdog because you all know....

"The LT1 is an unreliable piece of junk with an optispark that dies every 2,000 miles" - anyone who has never owned an LT1 or owns an LS1.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Jalopy Bob
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well I got my first repsonse from a C7 while in my 84'. I was parked in a Bestbuy parking lot attaching my GoPro to the windsheild on the inside (Just bought the suction cup mount) because I wanted to record my drive home. I hear a little bit of a rumble and I look up and there is a red C7 driving down the lane to exit the parking lot. He turned and looked at me and gave me a thumbs down and revved his car. I just watched him drive off, I was stunned... This was a genuine thumbs down not the thumbs down where you know they are joking. It was some guy in his late 20's, early 30's; his parents probably bought him that car. Anyways I figured I would share as I always wave to other corvettes and I consider myself a nice person. haha I've gotten more waves from C6 guys than C4 or C5 guys lately.... Weird... Not a single one from a C7 yet.. I would assume most C7 guys are EXTREMELY cocky and think every gen but theirs is garbage. Not all but I'll bet a good majority. Anyone else have positive responses from C7 guys?
Just ignore guys like that. Why let them ruin your day?
Old 05-18-2015, 07:08 PM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

How long is the average "cruise" for you guys? I have always wondered how far some people go on a drive.

Quick Reply: First response from a C7 in my C4.