Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

First response from a C7 in my C4.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 03:41 PM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 58 Posts

I got a no front plate ticket awhile back when I was in my 89' Camaro. The NY trooper had it out for me. He thought I was part of this group of d-bags who go around to different parking lots and do burnouts and doughnuts until they get kicked out. He made me start the car and give it some gas to try to say I had straight pipes. I told him I'll show you the muffler! (Crossflow muffler) So he wrote me a ticket for the front plate being off. I told him it fell off. So I set my front plate in position, took a picture, brought it to the court, told them the plate fell off and it's on now (Picture proof) and they threw the ticket out. I never put it back on. **** the states that make you have 2 plates, theres no reason for 2..
Old 05-22-2015, 03:44 PM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

On a side note it must be that time of the month because I saw probably 20-25 cops when I was working today. (I drive a lot) Usually I see like 2-4 cops total a day.

Valentine One- 4 (Number of times it saved me today, haha)
Cops-0
HA!
Old 05-22-2015, 05:03 PM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by thegame
lol must have fell off??
I'm surprised the Staties haven't been messing with you...I got pulled over more in NJ than anyplace I ever drove.

Originally Posted by v8vette84
I got a no front plate ticket awhile back when I was in my 89' Camaro. The NY trooper had it out for me. He thought I was part of this group of d-bags who go around to different parking lots and do burnouts and doughnuts until they get kicked out. He made me start the car and give it some gas to try to say I had straight pipes. I told him I'll show you the muffler! (Crossflow muffler) So he wrote me a ticket for the front plate being off. I told him it fell off. So I set my front plate in position, took a picture, brought it to the court, told them the plate fell off and it's on now (Picture proof) and they threw the ticket out. I never put it back on. **** the states that make you have 2 plates, theres no reason for 2..
That front plate is a load of BS. No reason for it at all.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:28 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by H P Bushrod
I'm surprised the Staties haven't been messing with you...I got pulled over more in NJ than anyplace I ever drove.

That front plate is a load of BS. No reason for it at all.
It's not my daily driver so odds are on my side I guess
Old 05-23-2015, 07:22 AM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

It's not my daily driver so odds are on my side I guess
I hear you on that one...But with all the township's having their own PD's, the odds are against you. Avoid Chesterfield and Easthampton Twp. like the plague! Enjoy the weekend brother!
Old 05-24-2015, 06:39 PM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Saw a green C7 convertible today. Looked real good! Although green seems to be one of the least popular colors it does look good. I wouldn't want green but it does look nice. Also I say green because I don't know the name of the C7's green. haha
Old 05-24-2015, 07:39 PM
1stVetteFinally
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Passed a beautiful darker red C7 today, and decided to hold back on the wave. The C7 owner actually rolled down his window and waved (we were in a 25 mph zone) Of course I waved when he did.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:52 PM
slesher
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ironic because the last 5 vettes I waved at 2 of them were C4's and they were the ones that didn't wave at my C7 lol
Have had a similar experience in the Northeast. Have waved at all types of vettes and never got a wave back from a C4.

I still keep on waving and look forward to the waves back
Old 05-24-2015, 08:25 PM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

I have seen so many vettes go by my house lately, I need to get my car back together so I can start waving at other vettes again! haha

Odd side story, earlier this year I noticed a Yellow C3 sitting in a small garage right by the road, it was there since maybe a week ago. It's gone. It was too ratty to just take out and drive (at least thats how it looked from the road) I wonder what happened to it....
Old 05-24-2015, 08:32 PM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Also I'm curious what you guys feel about this... My C4 is parked in my driveway all the time (Don't have a garage) so it's in view from the road. The car sits probably 25-30 ft from the road. I have had 2 different people stop in my driveway and walk around my Corvette looking at it then leave. To me that's a little weird... I mean it's MY driveway and this is not a public parking lot. To me that's the same thing as walking into somebody's back yard and checking out their stainless steel grill. How would you feel about this? I realize it's not a big deal but it just bugs me.... It's MY car in MY driveway. If you don't agree with me, stop at a random persons house that has a vette walk up their driveway and walk around their car. I would feel like I'm invading somebody privacy because I was not invited to look at THEIR car on THEIR property. Am I crazy?
Old 05-24-2015, 08:34 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Also I'm curious what you guys feel about this... My C4 is parked in my driveway all the time (Don't have a garage) so it's in view from the road. The car sits probably 25-30 ft from the road. I have had 2 different people stop in my driveway and walk around my Corvette looking at it then leave. To me that's a little weird... I mean it's MY driveway and this is not a public parking lot. To me that's the same thing as walking into somebody's back yard and checking out their stainless steel grill. How would you feel about this? I realize it's not a big deal but it just bugs me.... It's MY car in MY driveway. If you don't agree with me, stop at a random persons house that has a vette walk up their driveway and walk around their car. I would feel like I'm invading somebody privacy because I was not invited to look at THEIR car on THEIR property. Am I crazy?
Yeah that's a little weird.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:40 PM
1stVetteFinally
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Eh, no different than doing the samething in a parking lot, considering your car was in the driveway in your front yard. Walking up to it and looking at it is no different than walking up to your front door and knocking IMHO. Side or back yard, that's a different story
Old 05-24-2015, 08:53 PM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1stVetteFinally
Eh, no different than doing the samething in a parking lot, considering your car was in the driveway in your front yard. Walking up to it and looking at it is no different than walking up to your front door and knocking IMHO. Side or back yard, that's a different story
IT WAS YOU!

Old 05-25-2015, 05:14 AM
Barchetta
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I wouldnt worry about it. Because some other guy in a $100k+ Itallian sports car will give him the thumbs down. Its all relative. There is always a newer, better car. Just enjoy what you have. The C4 is a fun car that you probably bought for six times less than that C7, and you can smile all the way to the bank!

Last edited by Barchetta; 05-25-2015 at 05:35 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:10 AM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Barchetta
I wouldnt worry about it. Because some other guy in a $100k+ Itallian sports car will give him the thumbs down. Its all relative. There is always a newer, better car. Just enjoy what you have. The C4 is a fun car that you probably bought for six times less than that C7, and you can smile all the way to the bank!
I love my C4! This year I have been working out the little quirks that annoy me and I am liking the car more and more with each repair. I dealt with the annoyances for a few years and it really bugs me now. So it's fix the car season! I also got my C4 for next to nothing so I can't really complain that it needs repairs.

I love the way I feel in the car, you can't really see the hood "fin" things from the outside but you can see them while driving and I love it! Suspension is a little rough but hey it's an 84' Z51, self explanatory. haha I'll deal with the rough ride for good handling.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:53 AM
BobNJ
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far -- every Vette I wave to, waves back. Yesterday my wife and I went out for a nice highway drive, I passed about 5/6 Vettes, all were C5 or C6, a few beat me to a wave, but I followed up fast. These guys also looked to be in their 40's/50's.

There are a hand full of C7's in my area I wave whether in my daily car, or in the Corvette on the weekend -- each time they waved/smiled back.

I was also a long time Harley owner, and the wave was the practice to do. No matter the year, model. You would get a few that did not wave --- maybe too young to know about the wave. Could be the same with the Vettes.

And yes --- there are Corvette owners that may think their S#$% don't stink, they have the best, new, etc.... have not found that yet.

Bob
Old 06-06-2015, 07:20 PM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Well I was taking a drive yesterday and saw a White C7 while in the C4 and I got the wave! Hallelujah! haha It's weird I see Corvettes drive by all the time when I'm at home then when I'm on a drive I hardly ever see them... Figures...

Get notified of new replies

To First response from a C7 in my C4.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:01 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Well I was taking a drive yesterday and saw a White C7 while in the C4 and I got the wave! Hallelujah! haha It's weird I see Corvettes drive by all the time when I'm at home then when I'm on a drive I hardly ever see them... Figures...
You know what my dumbass always does. I have the vette and a jeep. Both do the wave. I daily drive the jeep so I am use to waiving at other keeps. When I'm in the vette I always forget and still wave at jeeps and they look at me like I'm crazy. Then when I'm back in the jeep I'll forget and be waving at every corvette like I am a lunatic.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:03 PM
Patrick Runge
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Whoa whoa

Originally Posted by 3JsVette
I guess that's that "new generation" of Corvette buyer.
Lets not roll us all into the "new generation" of Corvette owner. I own a C7 and its my first Vette but as far I as I see it we're all on the same team.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:59 AM
Mike 92LX
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

95 percent of Vette owners wave at me when I am in mine

I think dark green on a C7 is awesome

Quick Reply: First response from a C7 in my C4.