Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

First response from a C7 in my C4.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 07:58 PM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 58 Posts

Default First response from a C7 in my C4.

Well I got my first repsonse from a C7 while in my 84'. I was parked in a Bestbuy parking lot attaching my GoPro to the windsheild on the inside (Just bought the suction cup mount) because I wanted to record my drive home. I hear a little bit of a rumble and I look up and there is a red C7 driving down the lane to exit the parking lot. He turned and looked at me and gave me a thumbs down and revved his car. I just watched him drive off, I was stunned... This was a genuine thumbs down not the thumbs down where you know they are joking. It was some guy in his late 20's, early 30's; his parents probably bought him that car. Anyways I figured I would share as I always wave to other corvettes and I consider myself a nice person. haha I've gotten more waves from C6 guys than C4 or C5 guys lately.... Weird... Not a single one from a C7 yet.. I would assume most C7 guys are EXTREMELY cocky and think every gen but theirs is garbage. Not all but I'll bet a good majority. Anyone else have positive responses from C7 guys?
Old 05-13-2015, 08:51 PM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

I would have given him a finger up!
Old 05-13-2015, 08:55 PM
aDigitalPhantom
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just one, but I have only passed one on the road. I got a wave from a red C7, while driving my 93.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:57 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

Jerk. I own both generations.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:20 PM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,644 Posts

I guess that's that "new generation" of Corvette buyer.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:20 PM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kimmer
I would have given him a finger up!
I normally would have but I was dumbfounded.. I couldn't believe it! The guy should have his Corvette privileges revoked!
Old 05-13-2015, 09:31 PM
HIHO
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by v8vette84
I normally would have but I was dumbfounded.. I couldn't believe it! The guy should have his Corvette privileges revoked!
Just some idiot, I have both a C7 and a C4, the C4 in my opinion is a great Vette, especially for auto crossing.

I give the wave to ALL Vettes!!
Old 05-13-2015, 10:10 PM
Firewalker11
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HIHO
Just some idiot, I have both a C7 and a C4, the C4 in my opinion is a great Vette, especially for auto crossing.

I give the wave to ALL Vettes!!
I too wave to all other Vette drivers. I don't care what model they drive. I wave because it isn't about them, it is about me! I learned early in my firefighting career to wave at every kid while riding the rig. Some old salt told me that some kids won't wave because they have never been waved to and that some of the minority kids had never even had an unsolicited kind gesture in their entire short lives. I Worked in the ghetto for years and those kids that never waved initially got to the point where they damn near jumped up and down when they saw me coming. Ultimately, that wave led to them coming to the station where I would fix their bikes for free. Filling their tires, replacing tubes, adjusting brakes and seats etc. There are few things more memorable to me than that. Turning a dull, lifeless expression of indifference into an acknowledgement of excitement and hope. All it took was a wave to break the barrier of mistrust.

Life is far too short to hesitate about waving or not waving. Wave because YOU are a good person and because this waving thing is pretty cool. Even those that don't respond feel better that you waved (even if they are acting too cool to reciprocate) and those that do respond are reminded of how special this group is. I was dumber than a bag of hammers when I rode my first fire truck but I was smart enough to know that people didn't wave to lawyers going to work but they sure enough waved to me. Felt good then, and it still feels good today.

If you pass me and you are in a Corvette. I am waving.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:48 PM
Whiteonrice
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Probably wasn't his car.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:05 PM
DinoBob
Melting Slicks

Received 365 Likes on 206 Posts

I have gotten mostly great responses from C7 owners. I met one jerk who thought it was educational to point out how much better a fit and finish his car had as opposed to mine. He actually wanted me to be excited for him, it seemed. "Isn't it GREAT?"

Uh, yeah. Swell.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:34 AM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I've gotten 2 waves out of 4 C7s so far.
The third, went by the house the other day, and revved his exhaust, in a mirrored gesture to what I did with him, when I went by the opposite lane a week before.

Only had one not return any kind of greeting so far. And I think part of that was the guy was a few lanes of traffic over so it might have been hard to see if he did.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:43 AM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

I don't know if Ive ever even seen a c7 in person yet. I don't think so but its possible. But the c6's and lower seem to wave regularly which is nice.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:14 AM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

some of those c-7 drivers that don't wave.. maybe its their very first vette and just not aware. Yes, I know, its far fetched but could happen. Seems like they most drivers that don't wave..are gal drivers. Not to fault them, they probably get hit on and that's just defensive.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:22 AM
starrman62
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Firewalker11
I too wave to all other Vette drivers. I don't care what model they drive. I wave because it isn't about them, it is about me! I learned early in my firefighting career to wave at every kid while riding the rig. Some old salt told me that some kids won't wave because they have never been waved to and that some of the minority kids had never even had an unsolicited kind gesture in their entire short lives. I Worked in the ghetto for years and those kids that never waved initially got to the point where they damn near jumped up and down when they saw me coming. Ultimately, that wave led to them coming to the station where I would fix their bikes for free. Filling their tires, replacing tubes, adjusting brakes and seats etc. There are few things more memorable to me than that. Turning a dull, lifeless expression of indifference into an acknowledgement of excitement and hope. All it took was a wave to break the barrier of mistrust.

Life is far too short to hesitate about waving or not waving. Wave because YOU are a good person and because this waving thing is pretty cool. Even those that don't respond feel better that you waved (even if they are acting too cool to reciprocate) and those that do respond are reminded of how special this group is. I was dumber than a bag of hammers when I rode my first fire truck but I was smart enough to know that people didn't wave to lawyers going to work but they sure enough waved to me. Felt good then, and it still feels good today.

If you pass me and you are in a Corvette. I am waving.
Well that made my day! Thank you for your service.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:27 AM
cormorant71
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoastrider1
some of those c-7 drivers that don't wave.. maybe its their very first vette and just not aware. Yes, I know, its far fetched but could happen. Seems like they most drivers that don't wave..are gal drivers. Not to fault them, they probably get hit on and that's just defensive.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:31 AM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ghoastrider1
I could see that, I was looking through the C7 general section yesterday and I did notice a few "My first Corvette" threads so I'm guessing some just don't know about the wave. The first real C7 I saw was at a restaurant in Newburgh. I was getting equipment out of my work car and I kept on hearings some car revving his engine. Not little revs either, all the way up to 6k. I heard the car rev for probably 30 seconds then I saw it. A gray C7 with a "Jersey shore" looking character (You know what I mean) driving it. Drove through the parking lot literally just revving away, he didn't even stay he just left. That kid must have been INSANELY cocky, cruising through parking lots trying to gain attention. Reminds me of the south park episode "The F word". haha If you don't know what I mean look it up.... it's pretty funny, unless your a Harley guy.....
Old 05-14-2015, 08:46 AM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

The difference is, your car is paid for, his is not.

Also, I have to much time, money and effort in my car.

If someone were to spontaneously do that to me, I probably would chase after them and key their car.

Get notified of new replies

To First response from a C7 in my C4.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:11 AM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

:

To some $5-20K is just as much money as $70 is to another. I was hopping to read how he got a thumbs up from a newer owner No need to dis another for his post........

I also wave at all Corvette's and could care less if they wave back, to me its just part of ownership and respect I learned 35+ years ago with my first Corvette.

Last edited by Tact; 05-14-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:23 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Interfering posts deleted. Take the pissin match somewhere else.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:03 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Ironic because the last 5 vettes I waved at 2 of them were C4's and they were the ones that didn't wave at my C7 lol

Quick Reply: First response from a C7 in my C4.