Air Bag Sensor 1992 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 12:54 PM
stock1992
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Bag Sensor 1992 Corvette

Hi,

My Infl rest light used to come on then go out for a short time. I worked on it and now my Infl Rest light comes on and blinks then goes solid for a bit then blinks..... I had cleaned it and applied dielectric grease. Is there anyway to test the sensor? Also since there's only 1 air bag is there only 1 sensor? Thanks for the feedback
Old 05-17-2015, 06:31 PM
Ozzstar
Pro

Received 256 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by stock1992
Hi,

My Infl rest light used to come on then go out for a short time. I worked on it and now my Infl Rest light comes on and blinks then goes solid for a bit then blinks..... I had cleaned it and applied dielectric grease. Is there anyway to test the sensor? Also since there's only 1 air bag is there only 1 sensor? Thanks for the feedback
"I worked on it". Explain what you did, missing a piece of the puzzle here?
Old 05-17-2015, 07:04 PM
stock1992
Heel & Toe

Default Air bag sensor

I removed the driver side air bag sensor sanded it and the frame applied dielectric grease the reattached it to the frame. Should I do the same for the passenger side too?
Old 05-18-2015, 01:02 PM
Allentown Ernie
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I removed the driver side air bag sensor sanded it and the frame applied dielectric grease the reattached it to the frame. Should I do the same for the passenger side too?
Yes, do the same to the right side. On my 90 coupe, that is the one that usually gives the problem. Then clear the code as per the factory manual. I did mine myself, it is a little tricky, but I did it so can you.Good luck.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:28 PM
stock1992
Heel & Toe

Default thanks

Originally Posted by Allentown Ernie
Yes, do the same to the right side. On my 90 coupe, that is the one that usually gives the problem. Then clear the code as per the factory manual. I did mine myself, it is a little tricky, but I did it so can you.Good luck.

will do. will let you know how it goes
Old 05-25-2015, 10:07 AM
stock1992
Heel & Toe

Default Clearing Air Bag Sensor Light

will do. will let you know how it goes
Ernie,

Did the passenger side sensor too. I was able to get the sensor off by just removing the wheel well
Needed a medium height socket 10 mm. Not much corrosion on the passenger side at all. Sanded to bare metal applied dielectric grease. What type of tool do I need to reset the code?
Old 05-25-2015, 11:07 AM
Allentown Ernie
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ernie,

Did the passenger side sensor too. I was able to get the sensor off by just removing the wheel well
Needed a medium height socket 10 mm. Not much corrosion on the passenger side at all. Sanded to bare metal applied dielectric grease. What type of tool do I need to reset the code?
Like I said, follow the manual, I made a switch by hooking up two alligator clips to the ends of two wires and by touching the bare ends together it functioned as a switch. One alligator clip I put in a paper clip and put it in the proper
hole in the OBD1 and the other clip goes on a ground. I used the seat frame for the ground. My wife sat in the car with a stopwatch and I followed the manual, the method and timing is kinda goofy in my view but after a few tries the light went out and has been out for five years or so. Again, good luck.

Last edited by Allentown Ernie; 05-25-2015 at 11:10 AM. Reason: extra word

Get notified of new replies

To Air Bag Sensor 1992 Corvette

Quick Reply: Air Bag Sensor 1992 Corvette