Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Who Attended the C4 gathering in Bowling Green (May 2015)?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 03:11 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Default Who Attended the C4 gathering in Bowling Green (May 2015)?

If you attended I am curious to know your thoughts.. I went for the first time and would like to hear from others as to their input

Positive and negative, please give me your true opinions.. Also if you have attended before or not. I want to get an idea of what I should have expected before offering my views,,

THANKS
Old 05-18-2015, 03:22 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

Im hoping it rocked since the wife and I are hoping to attend next year.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:25 PM
shootnstarz
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

It was my first time, I enjoyed it and had a great time but I would consider it more of a ZR-1 gathering as I only saw 2 or 3 base models there, plus a few 40ths. Everything else was a ZR-1 or there were about 8 or so Grand Sports. I estimate about 50 C4s attended, many more newer models were there.

Every seminar was ZR related too. It is the car's 25th anniversary so that might be why.

I regret not signing up for the track day but from the description it sounded like a "parade". I won't make that mistake again even though I'd probably only be in the way with my measly 240hp.

It was still worth the trip, met some really nice folks, excluding whoever swiped my engraved banquet glass off my table. The museum staff are great, put on some nice spreads for us Friday and Saturday nights.

The plant tour was fantastic too, you've got to visit it at least once and see how they're made, very interesting. Bring drool catcher !!!

That's my thoughts on the event pos and neg. But truthfully, the 3 day mountain run up there was more enjoyable for me.

Rick

Last edited by shootnstarz; 05-18-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:56 AM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Unfortunately I was unable to make it this year. Have some issues with my 40th I have to get sorted out and with me working 12hr shifts, It's hard to get anything done. Hopefully I can make it next year. Great people and great times.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:51 PM
cuengineer
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't make it but plan to stop by Bowling Green next Monday on my way home from Indy 500 to see the sinkhole situation at the NCM. I saw what it looked like not long before the sinkhole.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:54 PM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by shootnstarz
It was my first time, I enjoyed it and had a great time but I would consider it more of a ZR-1 gathering as I only saw 2 or 3 base models there, plus a few 40ths. Everything else was a ZR-1 or there were about 8 or so Grand Sports. I estimate about 50 C4s attended, many more newer models were there.

Every seminar was ZR related too. It is the car's 25th anniversary so that might be why.

I regret not signing up for the track day but from the description it sounded like a "parade". I won't make that mistake again even though I'd probably only be in the way with my measly 240hp.

It was still worth the trip, met some really nice folks, excluding whoever swiped my engraved banquet glass off my table. The museum staff are great, put on some nice spreads for us Friday and Saturday nights.

The plant tour was fantastic too, you've got to visit it at least once and see how they're made, very interesting. Bring drool catcher !!!

That's my thoughts on the event pos and neg. But truthfully, the 3 day mountain run up there was more enjoyable for me.

Rick
My favorite part was the MR3 as well, and I too was pleasantly surprised by the track experience...WOW! Next year, I'll be signing up as well!

As for the engraved 25th glass, you can have mine, as I bought two in the store before I knew they were going to be given out at the banquet. PM me w/ your full name and address, and I'll send one to you!
Old 05-20-2015, 08:28 AM
shootnstarz
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the offer Paul, but I can live without it. It's not that big of a deal.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you guys and gals and I am already looking forward to next year's event. Cruising those two lane mountain roads in string of a dozen or more Corvettes is a real treat.

Rick
Old 05-21-2015, 01:45 AM
JrRifleCoach
Team Owner

Location: Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Received 639 Likes on 443 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by shootnstarz
excluding whoever swiped my engraved banquet glass off my table.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:14 PM
Gooseit
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts

I attended on Thursday. Like someone else said it was mostly for ZR1's. Other than my polo green I only saw one other C-4 that was not a ZR1 and it was white.The V.I.P. tour of the plant was great and our tour guide Bob was great. He has been with G.M. for 47 years. I toured with a couple from Washington state and I think Colorado, very nice people. I did the track thing and it was great.
We all did a pace lap to learn how the track was laid out and then we started hot laps. One the very first hot lap a guy in a polo green ZR1 just like my base model spun out and took out a guardrail. It damaged the left front fender, left rear quarter panel and blew out both drivers side tires. I know he must be sick. I did two laps after the pace lap. The first I took it fairly easy and the next lap I went as fast as I could, then called it quits before I put mine in a guardrail or something. I had planned on going back the next day for the workshops, but after learning they were mainly geared toward the ZR1's I only did the one day, which was fine. I got to tour the plant and the museum and the race track. All in all it was a great day and I met a lot a corvette people which is always a good thing.

Keeping on cruising, and be safe

Goose
Old 05-22-2015, 08:00 AM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Paul,

From my perspective MR3 is not part of the gathering, but a precursor, or an event in its own right. it was started by a group that wanted to drive the curves prior to getting to the gathering. you do not officially register, there is no sign up fee/ there is no sign up deadline (with exception of hotels maybe )

I also missed the 25th glass in the store and the Saturday night (mainly because of my volunteer commitments I had to be back for Saturday)
Old 05-22-2015, 01:36 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

I had considered attending but assumed (and appear to be correct) that the event is pretty much geared to the ZR1 owners. My lowly '84 would not be something fitting in well even though it's low miles (24,000) and mint.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:47 PM
shootnstarz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by trivette
I had considered attending but assumed (and appear to be correct) that the event is pretty much geared to the ZR1 owners. My lowly '84 would not be something fitting in well even though it's low miles (24,000) and mint.
Hell, I didn't care. I pretty much parked my 89 right in there with them but yea, it was geared toward ZR-1s.

Same goes for our local club. Most everybody has a C5 or up and I stick my poor man's Corvette right in there with theirs. I'm in no way intimidated by newer cars or ashamed of my old one, I could have a newer one if I wanted to spend that much for another toy but I am just as happy with and proud of my C4 as the next guy is with his C7Z06-07.

Don't let the fact that your car's not perfect keep you from bringing it to shows or gatherings. Everybody has something to contribute. I'd rather see a 30 year old car at a show that maybe needs some TLC than a 2015 that doesn't have a speck of wear or dirt. I expect a 2015 to be perfect.

Rick

Last edited by shootnstarz; 05-22-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:15 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

By reading all posts, I'm glad I didn't go.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:02 PM
856SPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

I would like to bring mine next year when I get the interior refurbished....the car will be like new then and get on the 1/4 track and put the hurting on the GS's and ZR1's....🍻...👍

Well, at least some of the ZR1's....😀..
No one has like one like mine either....but then again I would assume no ZR1's owners or GS guys would be inclined to put them on the track.....I would respect the ones that do.

Last edited by 856SPEED; 05-22-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:46 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Jeff=-
Paul,

From my perspective MR3 is not part of the gathering, but a precursor, or an event in its own right. it was started by a group that wanted to drive the curves prior to getting to the gathering. you do not officially register, there is no sign up fee/ there is no sign up deadline (with exception of hotels maybe )

I also missed the 25th glass in the store and the Saturday night (mainly because of my volunteer commitments I had to be back for Saturday)
Well, Jeff, from my perspective the MR3 IS part of the BG "gathering" experience. The activities at the NCM is but a small part of the whole experience; to judge the "gathering" from the perspective of registering/attending activities at the NCM alone curtails the greater whole experience - including the NCM, BBQs, welcome pizza/beer at the hotel, AND the MR3 that terminates at the NCM. And, to my thinking, the best part is the the PEOPLE aspect - renewing old friendships and making new ones.

IMO, if the BG gathering was limited to the NCM alone, then I doubt I'd make the trip. But, taken as a whole, including all the ancillary pieces, this year was one of the best ones yet. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited by Paul Workman; 05-23-2015 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:16 PM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by trivette
It a C4 isn't it? You'll fit in fine. I drove my '93 up to the C4 Gathering a couple of years ago and had a ball. The fellowship with fellow Corvette enthusiasts is priceless!
Old 05-23-2015, 08:08 PM
JimZRyd
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 38 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I had a great time Jeff and it was very nice to meet you and some others that I only see here online! I guess you could say it's geared toward the ZR-1's and GS's but their Registry's are sponsoring the Gathering. I would think others, including myself, to welcome any and all C4's and other years too. Some of us don't have the luxury of attending dozens of car shows per year so the more I can see at the few I attend, the better!

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To Who Attended the C4 gathering in Bowling Green (May 2015)?

Old 05-24-2015, 03:31 AM
Billy Bo Bass
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PLRX
By reading all posts, I'm glad I didn't go.
What's up with the bad attitude?
Old 06-02-2015, 02:26 PM
PORTERJH
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get them out there

I agree, I have a 94 with 175K on it. My wife like the color(Black Rose) and gave it to me as a birthday present. A lot of work and $$ and she looks good. I have as much fun as any other owner and am as proud of how good she looks know. The more of us that get our C4s out to the shows the more respect well start getting.

Originally Posted by Gooseit
I attended on Thursday. Like someone else said it was mostly for ZR1's. Other than my polo green I only saw one other C-4 that was not a ZR1 and it was white.The V.I.P. tour of the plant was great and our tour guide Bob was great. He has been with G.M. for 47 years. I toured with a couple from Washington state and I think Colorado, very nice people. I did the track thing and it was great.
We all did a pace lap to learn how the track was laid out and then we started hot laps. One the very first hot lap a guy in a polo green ZR1 just like my base model spun out and took out a guardrail. It damaged the left front fender, left rear quarter panel and blew out both drivers side tires. I know he must be sick. I did two laps after the pace lap. The first I took it fairly easy and the next lap I went as fast as I could, then called it quits before I put mine in a guardrail or something. I had planned on going back the next day for the workshops, but after learning they were mainly geared toward the ZR1's I only did the one day, which was fine. I got to tour the plant and the museum and the race track. All in all it was a great day and I met a lot a corvette people which is always a good thing.

Keeping on cruising, and be safe

Goose
Old 06-17-2015, 02:01 PM
blurooster
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next year for me, I have no problems driving my C-4 anywhere with anyone. Beats the heck out of my 76 C-3. I just like to go...

Quick Reply: Who Attended the C4 gathering in Bowling Green (May 2015)?