C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

If your a fan of Goodyear belts and hoses,

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 03:32 PM
LongBeachC4
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default If your a fan of Goodyear belts and hoses,

they have been bought by Continental tire. Goodyear is hanging on to the tire division from what I have been told. Best order your belts and hoses before there gone. Got this info from a outfit I'm going to work for that is a Goodyear industrial parts distributor.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 703 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by LongBeachC4
they have been bought by Continental tire. Goodyear is hanging on to the tire division from what I have been told. Best order your belts and hoses before there gone. Got this info from a outfit I'm going to work for that is a Goodyear industrial parts distributor.
here's a cut & paste from conti/veyance website -

January 30, 2015

Veyance Technologies is now a part of ContiTech AG
Our merger makes us even better for our customers

We are pleased to inform you today that the regulatory authorities have approved Continental ContiTech's acquisition of Veyance Technologies, Inc. With this approval, we can now join together the strengths of these two great companies in bringing advanced rubber and plastics solutions to our customers

We are excited to present a company that offers the greatest breadth of product solutions in our market, a global footprint that provides unmatched local resources, and a technical and process expertise that will speed groundbreaking innovations to our customers

From now on, our joint expertise in rubber and plastics will be united under the roof of the ContiTech Group. We will build on the heritage, experience and past successes to enhance our capabilities and reinforce our mantra of "The Customer First, Always"

This announcement opens the door for significant changes and innovations, but some things will remain unchanged. Although we will replace the Goodyear Engineered Products brand with ContiTech brands, the products, performance, and people that you have come to trust will not change. As the integration progresses and makes new products and services available, we will clearly communicate these new features.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your Veyance or ContiTech representative.

We look forward to continuing our partnership with you as we move into the future.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:05 PM
Roys92BlackRose
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

If they make belts and hoses as good as their tires, I got no problems. Bought 3 sets of their Extreme Contact DWS, best tires I've ever owned.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:06 PM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

they have been bought by Continental tire.
Thx for the heads-up.
My experience with their tires is quite different and NOT good.

My best experience on the Vette has been with Goodyears; (three sets, two non-GY).
Old 05-21-2015, 10:34 PM
Roys92BlackRose
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by whalepirot
Thx for the heads-up.

My best experience on the Vette has been with Goodyears; (three sets, two non-GY).
Here in the PNW, a good rain/all season tire is gold. The DWSs handle that environment very well.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:10 PM
LongBeachC4
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well as I posted, if your a fan of Goodyear. I was a Gates distributor, Gates good stuff, well I did a belt and hoses change on my 85 just after I bought it. It had the original hoses still on it and a Goodyear belt. The Gates belt is different from the Goodyear and looking the two over I felt the Goodyear was a better construction. The hoses, the bottom one, even though the application stated w/ performance as in Z51 which I have, turned out to be 1 inch shorter and it does make a difference, the standard was shorter than that. I called Gates to put in an order for a customer and made mention about the hose and they blew it off as no biggy. I have Goodyears on it now. So just saying, those Goodyears are going away so if your a fan buy em if you like em.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:59 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

those Goodyears are going away so if your a fan buy em if you like em.
They're not going away. Same product. They will just have a different name on the package.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:06 AM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by whalepirot
Thx for the heads-up.

What kind of crap tires are you getting if you think goodyears are good?

Maybe if you're buying prius grade tires crapyear might seem good by comparison then. Or maybe Kellys.

Continental Extreme Contact DW and DWSes are great tires.

There's no such thing as a good Goodyear tire. They are loud, ride like rocks, provide mediocre grip, and have crap tread wear on average.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:12 PM
nicpete
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

bought conti's last year for my 93 great tire

Get notified of new replies

To If your a fan of Goodyear belts and hoses,

Quick Reply: If your a fan of Goodyear belts and hoses,