Need help on deciding which wheels to get

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 03:29 PM
1992Corvette
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help on deciding which wheels to get

Hello,

I have a white 92 corvette and am looking at putting new wheels on it. The factory wheels havee brand new tirres on themm so I was thinking of stayling with a 17 x 9.5" wheel but I'm torn between two different ttypees. My first option is thee chrome c5 z06 wheels. My other option would be the c6 z06 wheels in gloss black. I am leaning towards black since I will be tinting the windows annd smmoking out the lights and I think it will llook good w/black wheels but am not 100%. I originally wanted the cchrome c5's and didnt even consider anything else untill lseeing a picture of a white c4 with the black c6 z06 wheeels. It looks realy good espically with black grand sport hash markss oon the fenders. I was thinking of doing this as well. Any input / opinions would bee ggreatly apprecaited. Also, if anyone has a wite c4 like mine with aftermarket rims and/or mods done I wouldd love to see some picturees, get some iddeas of what everyone else is doing. Just want to ddo some minor mods on the car to make it myown. Any help and/or pictures with examples, ideas woulld ge greatly apppreciated. I would attach picutres of the rims I am referring too but have not yet figured out how to post with pics as of yet.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 1992Corvette; 05-22-2015 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:33 PM
1992Corvette
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1992Corvette
Hello,

I have a white 92 corvette and am looking at putting new wheels on it. The factory wheels havee brand new tirres on themm so I was thinking of stayling with a 17 x 9.5" wheel but I'm torn between two different ttypees. My first option is thee chrome c5 z06 wheels. My other option would be the c6 z06 wheels in gloss black. I am leaning towards black since I will be tinting the windows annd smmoking out the lights and I think it will llook good w/black wheels but am not 100%. I originally wanted the cchrome c5's and didnt even consider anything else untill lseeing a picture of a white c4 with the black c6 z06 wheeels. It looks realy good espically with black grand sport hash markss oon the fenders. I was thinking of doing this as well. Any input / opinions would bee ggreatly apprecaited. Also, if anyone has a wite c4 like mine with aftermarket rims and/or mods done I wouldd love to see some picturees, get some iddeas of what everyone else is doing. Just want to ddo some minor mods on the car to make it myown. Any help and/or pictures with examples, ideas woulld ge greatly apppreciated. I would attach picutres of the rims I am referring too but have not yet figured out how to post with pics as of yet.
well i tried to post pics and not bad I guess got 1 of 4 pics to show up. Gonna try one last time to attach some images...
Attached Images  
Old 05-22-2015, 03:34 PM
1992Corvette
Advanced

Hello,

well i tried to post pics and not bad I guess got 1 of 4 pics to show up. Gonna try one last time to attach some images...

or these ones...
Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2015, 11:56 AM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 624 Likes on 486 Posts

Not the ones you are looking for, but I have tried several on my white '94 for comparisons.

Good luck with your choices.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:02 PM
Jon Hekking
Race Director

Received 240 Likes on 128 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C3 of Year Finalist (stock)

This one...... no

[/QUOTE]

I saw this identical set up in SLC yesterday, not a good look in my opinion, never liked the wagon wheels.

I like stock or the ones on mine;

Old 05-24-2015, 01:29 PM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 624 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking
This one...... no

I saw this identical set up in SLC yesterday, not a good look in my opinion, never liked the wagon wheels.

I like stock or the ones on mine;

I didn't like the wagon wheels on C4 or C5's either.

They also were staggered 17" & 18". They made the car sit higher in back that I didn't like. Also with stock C5 run flats it was very stiff.

I have had three sets of wagon wheels and got rid of all of them.

My favorite is the '90 wheels.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:16 PM
Jalopy Bob
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like the 89-90 stock wheels the best. I like the look of aluminum or polished aluminum on the C4. The black wheels on a C4 are not a good look to me. But everyone has there own likes. Pick what you like and don't pay any attention to what I think, cause its your car and your money.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:37 PM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

When I first got my C4 it had the 5 spoke c6 wheels on it, first thing I did was sell them and picked up a set of original A molds for a steal. [$200}I now have the polished Z-R1 style and use the others for track wheels.. I feel a car should have its own generation wheels on it but thats just my opinion.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help on deciding which wheels to get

Quick Reply: Need help on deciding which wheels to get