C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

power antenna ground,

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 07:10 PM
ATEEZ
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default power antenna ground,

Would someone be willing to post a pic/description/and instructions for getting to and cleaning the ground by the power antenna on a 95 vert? Help, as always, would be much appreciated. I tried searching but couldn't get specifically what i needed...found for coupe but not for vert. Please and thanks in advance.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:27 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 218 Likes on 172 Posts

May help (?):

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...enna-help.html
Old 05-27-2015, 09:33 AM
ATEEZ
Instructor

Its a start. I think that may have been one I looked at when I searched. Was hoping someone had some first hand knowledge and guidance. Thank you
Old 05-27-2015, 10:38 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

There are two grounding points for the antenna as seen in the link provided. The braided strap will be at the antenna itself and go to the frame rail. The ground for the antenna "motor" should be found behind the seat in the RH storage compartment bulk-head. (G401). I don't know how much more information you could possibly require. I have never seen anything but a description of the G401 location on a C4 'vert and I expect it should be a very easy find. A ring terminal with a black wire behind the seat forward through the storage compartment.

If you're attempting to correct a "run" problem with the motor I doubt that the braided strap to the ground plane should be an issue but check. There are also 4 loose wires at the antenna ground plane that are 31+ inches long but connect to nothing by design.

Name:  UntitledG401 'vert.jpg
Views: 3395
Size:  139.2 KB

Item #8 isn't stated to be G401 but I expect that it is. If you have a FSM check the 10-12-X (X being a page in that section)

Name:  Antenna mount.jpg
Views: 4705
Size:  43.2 KB

Last edited by WVZR-1; 05-27-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:19 PM
ATEEZ
Instructor

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
There are two grounding points for the antenna as seen in the link provided. The braided strap will be at the antenna itself and go to the frame rail. The ground for the antenna "motor" should be found behind the seat in the RH storage compartment bulk-head. (G401). I don't know how much more information you could possibly require. I have never seen anything but a description of the G401 location on a C4 'vert and I expect it should be a very easy find. A ring terminal with a black wire behind the seat forward through the storage compartment.

If you're attempting to correct a "run" problem with the motor I doubt that the braided strap to the ground plane should be an issue but check. There are also 4 loose wires at the antenna ground plane that are 31+ inches long but connect to nothing by design.

Attachment 47888157

Item #8 isn't stated to be G401 but I expect that it is. If you have a FSM check the 10-12-X (X being a page in that section)

Attachment 47888163
That second pic is exactly what I needed...thank you. The other diagram wasn't as plain and straight forward as I needed. I'm having a stereo issue intermittently that corrects when I smack the panel by the antenna...so, a ground is where I'm starting. Thanks again! This site never fails me...

Get notified of new replies

To power antenna ground,

Quick Reply: power antenna ground,