Need Help Identifying This Part

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 09:51 PM
crossfireclint
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Identifying This Part

Hello,
I'm new to this forum, if I've posted this question in the wrong category, please let me know. I've found an odd looking part/device on a 1984 Crossfire Corvette that I purchased this week. It's a small black box, maybe 2 X 2 1/2 and around an inch thick. It has male and female three terminal GM style TPS plugs coming out of it. There appears to be a green bulb/diode on the backside of it. I discovered it under the air cleaner when I removed it. The male TPS plug from the factory harness was plugged in the female plug on the black box and the male TPS plug from the black box was plugged in the TPS switch on the throttle body. Googled, checked ebay, can't find anything like it or what it is or does. I've driven the car with and without it and can't tell much of a difference. Anybody out there know what this is or does? Thank you!

Old 05-28-2015, 10:14 PM
ex-x-fire
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 150 Posts

Yeah I remember those, they go in between the sensor & the ecm, the box is supposed to trick the ecm by giving slightly altered signals. Supposed to add throttle response.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:18 PM
crossfireclint
Intermediate

I was leaning toward some type of performance enhancer. Had a hard time telling any difference with and without it. The little green light was never illuminated when the engine was running though.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:19 PM
crossfireclint
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ex-x-fire
Yeah I remember those, they go in between the sensor & the ecm, the box is supposed to trick the ecm by giving slightly altered signals. Supposed to add throttle response.
Thank you for your response too!

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help Identifying This Part

Quick Reply: Need Help Identifying This Part