Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Ecklers

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 04:10 PM
mmccarson
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ecklers has too many irons in the fire. They do not focus on the corvette. I like corvette central.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:22 PM
fpnmf
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmccarson
ecklers has too many irons in the fire. They do not focus on the corvette. I like corvette central.

I like CC..use them for most of the things I need and have had a great experience returning an ill fitting part.. They also will take your internet order and then inform about backorder..I call and ask if in stock before I pull the trigger now...
Old 06-29-2015, 10:13 AM
Eckler's
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

Originally Posted by CurveLover
Ok so wait a minute here. Another customer just related the typical "out of stock- but not shown on website" problem that happens all too often at various places online. It pisses me off to no end. So because he's posted it here, and you risk losing future business because of it, you are willing to give him some kind of special refund. Oh nice. But was there any mention of trying to address the core problem???

NO!!!!

What that means is that you are STILL going to keep things on your site which you don't have or are backordered, in hopes that you can get people to order them and get their money- and to hell with good business ethics!

HOW ABOUT ADDRESSING THE PROBLEM AND AT LEAST PUT UP NOTICES ON PRODUCTS YOU DON'T HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrr.... I swear. Thanks OP for alerting us to this issue with this vendor. I would never ever shop there now for this reason alone. I can't trust them to have in stock WHAT THEY SAY THEY HAVE on their site. If it was maintained properly, no phone calls would be needed to check stock. I hold all vendors to this rule, not just for car parts. It's a necessary part of the business in this day and age for people to be able to count on website listings. And I consistently do repeat business with those vendors that maintain and SHOW current stock on items on their sites. The headaches and frustration it saves customers is worth it in the long run- and you don't ever have to deal with internet posts about you like this one. Just maintain your site- that's it.

Trust me when i tell you this you're not the only one who is frustrated when this happens. I don't like dealing with a inventory issue either. I'd rather be talking about cars instead of inventory. I've passed numerous threads to management about this same issue. The reason i asked the customer to PM was to help resolve his order. Please keep in mind as a company we have 400,000 SKU's in our inventory so things do happen. No i'm not using that as an excuse. My main focus since i've been with Eckler's is customer relations even when i was on the sales phone. So i have no problem saying where our down faults are.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:02 AM
CurveLover
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eckler's
... Please keep in mind as a company we have 400,000 SKU's in our inventory...
That means you actually only have 100,000 products in stock. Or less.

I did some digging and do you know how many threads there are on this forum complaining about your company? Way too many. I've gotten better service off Ebay. At least reputation is an actual score and means something there.

Hey it's cool, I just don't have time for companies with management's heads so far up their own asses they refuse to listen to what their customer base is saying and fix the problems. I see failure in the future for them. The market eventually weeds out the weak. But you had the warnings loud and clear, repeatedly, so there really is no excuse.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:39 AM
Eckler's
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '04

Originally Posted by CurveLover
That means you actually only have 100,000 products in stock. Or less.

I did some digging and do you know how many threads there are on this forum complaining about your company? Way too many. I've gotten better service off Ebay. At least reputation is an actual score and means something there.

Hey it's cool, I just don't have time for companies with management's heads so far up their own asses they refuse to listen to what their customer base is saying and fix the problems. I see failure in the future for them. The market eventually weeds out the weak. But you had the warnings loud and clear, repeatedly, so there really is no excuse.
Never once used it as an excuse. I listen to everything that is said on the forum. While you were digging did you also find the threads where i have fixed problems since i've been active? I can't fix what has happened in the past only the future. I hear loud and clear what you guys say. I have monthly meetings with management to show my feedback i get from the customers.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:40 PM
Gunho
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Just checked the covers I got in the mail. They don't fit my 94 Corvette. They are too large and the holes look like they were cut by a 4 year old. Sending them back.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:10 AM
Gunho
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Within 30 minutes of e mailing the seller he issued me a full refund through PayPal and sent me an apology. I have to give him props for that!
Old 06-30-2015, 06:39 PM
sactorandy
Intermediate

Default Sun Visors.

I just replaced the sun visors in my 96 CE last weekend. I ordered them from Corvette Central, $180.00. They both have lighted mirrors. The visors I received do not have the dog ears like the stock visors. I like them better. I did have to wait an extra two weeks due to back order so Ecklers aren't the only ones. They either use the same supplier or don't stock them and order them as needed. Just my guess. Life is too short to fret the small stuff.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:08 PM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

I also get frustrated with back orders and out of stock parts not being marked, trust me.
But I've realized with all the main vendors it's always best to call and talk to someone. I stick to corvette central just because they are a homestate company, but calling usually uncovers any potential issues.
But it is 2015 you'd think they would have this stuff figured out.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:09 PM
GQ-ROD
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently had a serious problem with this issue also.

Power steering rack was leaking fluid.

Called ecklers, rep said she had one on stock,

She verified this with a manager.

Gave me a customer number.

I drove all the out there 45 mins each way, then the person at the warehouse says they do not have a record of my customer number, and they do not have that part in stock. And they have been back ordered for months !

SERIOUSLY ??????

Meanwhile i wasted time, gas tolls, and my car was up on ramps taken apart because they said they had it in stock.

At the end of the day it's not that hard to solve a problem like this at any level of management, if you don't have it DON'T LIST IT ON YOUR SITE, PERIOD !

Also training of the customer service reps IS NOT DIFFICULT ! poor follow through and communication is the fault here.

One manager cannot truly change a poor company policy, true, BUT at the end of the day it boils down to the customer not shopping there again from poor service and poor communication, which may not matter to the company or the managers, but lesson learned for all of us.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:32 PM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by kehler
apologize for the rant I should know better. Buts its been a while since I ordered anything from them. So I been holding off replacing my sunvisors even though they have looked like crap for years because basically I'm cheap. It kills me to spend $160 for a pair of visors. Anyway I finally decide to pull the trigger and treat myself, I look on ebay, Zip,Corvette Central, it seems Eckler was the only one that sold the pair I was looking for vanity light on Pass side Map strap on Drivers side as a set. I order..........no where on anything does it say out of stock or back order. Of course you know already what happened Back order. so now I'm pissed I wanted to do this over the weekend but that's not happening and there's no date when their expected. So I call up to cancel I'll buy on ebay. I can't cancel, why? because I also ordered the $1.32 retaining clip and they shipped them so the order is partially filled. ARRRGGGGHHH. I will never go to Ecklers again for anything
I ordered floor pans for my 80 on June 5th,.....still waiting. I also ordered a weather-strip kit, which they shipped and I received a few days later. It's July 27th, I have called several times, and emailed several more times.....The story is always the same. "Should be ready to ship in a week and a half..." Well the site did not show a out of stock status, or back order,....and they have processed my credit card for the full amount...including the shipping of the parts I haven't gotten.

My fault I suppose for not calling and speaking directly to Ecklers before ordering. But a lesson learned too. Never again for me either.

They had my contact info, no reason a business shouldn't contact a customer to let them know a part is not available, and let them decide if they want to cancel an order, or wait for the part to come in.

In my case I have a fabricator waiting for the parts. If I ever get them,...he can continue his work. Good thing I am not paying a storage fee while my car sits at his shop waiting to be worked on.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:00 AM
Eckler's
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '04

Originally Posted by The Money Pit
I ordered floor pans for my 80 on June 5th,.....still waiting. I also ordered a weather-strip kit, which they shipped and I received a few days later. It's July 27th, I have called several times, and emailed several more times.....The story is always the same. "Should be ready to ship in a week and a half..." Well the site did not show a out of stock status, or back order,....and they have processed my credit card for the full amount...including the shipping of the parts I haven't gotten.

My fault I suppose for not calling and speaking directly to Ecklers before ordering. But a lesson learned too. Never again for me either.

They had my contact info, no reason a business shouldn't contact a customer to let them know a part is not available, and let them decide if they want to cancel an order, or wait for the part to come in.

In my case I have a fabricator waiting for the parts. If I ever get them,...he can continue his work. Good thing I am not paying a storage fee while my car sits at his shop waiting to be worked on.

Hello,
If you'd like to PM your order number or customer number i'd be more than happy to see what i can do. Thanks
Old 08-21-2015, 11:05 AM
dogboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've used Ecklers plenty of times when I was working on the 77. NEVER had a problem with them.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:28 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

The one I have the most problems with is mid america. I quit buying from them.

I go to Ecklers, after Corvette Central, or Corvette America. Which I in turn go to, after the parts stores, and ebay.

Good example was the wiper arm I just ordered on ebay. Ecklers wanted over 20 dollars to ship it. And it was over 100 bucks in the first place. Picked up a brand new one, that should be here monday, tops for over 60 dollars less on ebay.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:17 PM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by GQ-ROD
At the end of the day it's not that hard to solve a problem like this at any level of management, if you don't have it DON'T LIST IT ON YOUR SITE, PERIOD !
Did you see the post where he said they have 400,000 SKUs? It would be virtually impossible to maintain a web site with that many links.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:18 AM
Ziggy*
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I go to the salvage yards first for parts,Just the way I was raised....Dumb "KIDS" bust up alot of good stuff....
Old 08-22-2015, 10:15 AM
Jud Chapin
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 417 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I had similar experiences with Ecklers several years ago and I no longer do business with them because of it. It was a great company years ago until the Eckler bros. sold out.

Get notified of new replies

To Ecklers

Old 08-23-2015, 09:32 PM
86C4Vett
2nd Gear

I ordered new power steering lines on Tuesday. got my lines on Thursday in time to drive the car this weekend. did i mention they were delivered to Canada? First time using them but I would order from them again.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:48 AM
86 Pace
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My main problem with Ecklers is their shipping, they only wanted to ship me my items over-nite FEDEX, I live in Hawaii and the cost was more than the parts I was ordering, They called me as the shipping estimate was no where near the actual cost, I asked if they could ship them another way and was told they have a contract with FEDEX (not sure if this is true but it is what I was told) and cannot ship any other method, I told them politely to contact FEDEX and fix the calculator for shipping cost and to cancel my order as it will be my last
Old 08-26-2015, 08:59 AM
shootnstarz
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I had an issue with shipping cost and whined about it here. Scott took my information and rectified the problem beyond my expectations. I think the lower echelon is really trying to do right but I'm afraid they're up against the typical corporate bottom line dragon.

Rick

Quick Reply: Ecklers