C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Ecklers

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 02:50 PM
kehler
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ecklers

apologize for the rant I should know better. Buts its been a while since I ordered anything from them. So I been holding off replacing my sunvisors even though they have looked like crap for years because basically I'm cheap. It kills me to spend $160 for a pair of visors. Anyway I finally decide to pull the trigger and treat myself, I look on ebay, Zip,Corvette Central, it seems Eckler was the only one that sold the pair I was looking for vanity light on Pass side Map strap on Drivers side as a set. I order..........no where on anything does it say out of stock or back order. Of course you know already what happened Back order. so now I'm pissed I wanted to do this over the weekend but that's not happening and there's no date when their expected. So I call up to cancel I'll buy on ebay. I can't cancel, why? because I also ordered the $1.32 retaining clip and they shipped them so the order is partially filled. ARRRGGGGHHH. I will never go to Ecklers again for anything
Old 06-25-2015, 04:08 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by kehler
apologize for the rant I should know better. Buts its been a while since I ordered anything from them. So I been holding off replacing my sunvisors even though they have looked like crap for years because basically I'm cheap. It kills me to spend $160 for a pair of visors. Anyway I finally decide to pull the trigger and treat myself, I look on ebay, Zip,Corvette Central, it seems Eckler was the only one that sold the pair I was looking for vanity light on Pass side Map strap on Drivers side as a set. I order..........no where on anything does it say out of stock or back order. Of course you know already what happened Back order. so now I'm pissed I wanted to do this over the weekend but that's not happening and there's no date when their expected. So I call up to cancel I'll buy on ebay. I can't cancel, why? because I also ordered the $1.32 retaining clip and they shipped them so the order is partially filled. ARRRGGGGHHH. I will never go to Ecklers again for anything
I've had a similar experience of purchasing something only to find out after that it was on back order. It is very annoying. At least I could cancel mine. Hope you get your visors soon. They should not be advertising what they don't have.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:39 PM
vettespecial
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Ecklers

Every one do your selfs a favour and just call them to varify that
the products in stock in house at Ecklers because i know they buy lots
of products from other venders and such like davies corvettes in florida and others. So call first, then order. I waited 2 weeks for a cooling hose set only to find they had to wait to get the set from
Davies corvettes in Newport Richie FL so now i sometimes buy direct
from their venders.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:00 AM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

they specialize in life style apparel if you needed jewelry, t-shirts ect thats the place to order from
Old 06-26-2015, 10:20 AM
Eckler's
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

Originally Posted by kehler

Hello,
If you'd like to PM your customer or order number i'd be more than happy to take a look at the order and see what i can for you as far as a refund be the bushing. Just let me know how i can help. Thanks.

Scott
Old 06-26-2015, 10:38 AM
vader86
Team Owner

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,017 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

One of my main frustrations with them.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:50 AM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

I live a few hours south of them so I went in person and there was no problem. Too many stories of mail order
Old 06-26-2015, 11:32 AM
ovrebo1
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Speaking of visors. Anyone know the cheapest price and supplier of them. I think $150 even on used ones is ridiculous.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:25 PM
ColaBear
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 119 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalis4

Originally Posted by ovrebo1
Speaking of visors. Anyone know the cheapest price and supplier of them. I think $150 even on used ones is ridiculous.
Have you tried posting in the "C4 Parts for Sale" section. You can search or post with a "WTB good used visors for (Your year here)".

There are several guys who strip down crashed Vettes to sell the parts from them.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:31 PM
ovrebo1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ColaBear
Have you tried posting in the "C4 Parts for Sale" section. You can search or post with a "WTB good used visors for (Your year here)".

There are several guys who strip down crashed Vettes to sell the parts from them.
I have thanks. One guy with 2 parting out cars hasn't replied to me. The other 2, the visors weren't in very good condition or were sold.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:51 PM
ColaBear
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 119 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalis4

I have thanks. One guy with 2 parting out cars hasn't replied to me. The other 2, the visors weren't in very good condition or were sold.
Yeah, Could take some time to find good used ones. I went with new because I wanted better internal material so I would not end up with floppy dog ears again like my factory ones. Had to pay more but I think it's a better investment for the long haul.

Anyway, good luck with your search.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:03 PM
floor
3rd Gear

MidAmerica has them, $60 for basic, $99 for lighted mirrors, $150 pair/lighted mirrors, and $600 for a pair of original GM.

http://www.mamotorworks.com/Corvette...sor&Y=&G=C4&C=
Old 06-27-2015, 12:37 AM
ovrebo1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by floor
MidAmerica has them, $60 for basic, $99 for lighted mirrors, $150 pair/lighted mirrors
http://www.mamotorworks.com/Corvette...sor&Y=&G=C4&C=
Thanks I think I'll end up with the new, non GM ones since everyone asks $150 for used ones anyways.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:09 AM
CurveLover
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Eckler's
Hello,
If you'd like to PM your customer or order number i'd be more than happy to take a look at the order and see what i can for you as far as a refund be the bushing. Just let me know how i can help. Thanks.

Scott
Ok so wait a minute here. Another customer just related the typical "out of stock- but not shown on website" problem that happens all too often at various places online. It pisses me off to no end. So because he's posted it here, and you risk losing future business because of it, you are willing to give him some kind of special refund. Oh nice. But was there any mention of trying to address the core problem???

NO!!!!

What that means is that you are STILL going to keep things on your site which you don't have or are backordered, in hopes that you can get people to order them and get their money- and to hell with good business ethics!

HOW ABOUT ADDRESSING THE PROBLEM AND AT LEAST PUT UP NOTICES ON PRODUCTS YOU DON'T HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrr.... I swear. Thanks OP for alerting us to this issue with this vendor. I would never ever shop there now for this reason alone. I can't trust them to have in stock WHAT THEY SAY THEY HAVE on their site. If it was maintained properly, no phone calls would be needed to check stock. I hold all vendors to this rule, not just for car parts. It's a necessary part of the business in this day and age for people to be able to count on website listings. And I consistently do repeat business with those vendors that maintain and SHOW current stock on items on their sites. The headaches and frustration it saves customers is worth it in the long run- and you don't ever have to deal with internet posts about you like this one. Just maintain your site- that's it.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:26 AM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Its a recurring problem...
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/3426291-parts-woes-2.html
Old 06-27-2015, 03:26 AM
Gunho
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I've been through this years ago with my Jeep when I've ordered parts from large Internet and catalogue vendors. Most of the time the people handling phone and Internet sales are in an office cubical in a different state, and really have no idea what's actually in stock at the warehouse. You have to ask them if they can go into the next room and actually touch the product and see if it's there. Most of the time they can't.... Now days I'll spend a few bucks more and buy as much locally from shops nearby. That way I can deal with them face to face if the product is out of stock or the wrong item. It's good to keep your local guy in business. It also keeps your money in your home town.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:20 AM
Mishawaka
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

My visors aren't in the best shape either. I figured I'd just have a local upholstery shop do them. I'm sure it cost me much less than $160. And do you really want to throw the old ones away for as much money the bones alone would cost? JS

Get notified of new replies

To Ecklers

Old 06-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Gunho
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I ordered some leather covers off of eBay. But just saw a review that the mirror hole was cut too big. Guess I'll know when they get here on Monday.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:35 PM
Larrye
LarryE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Two bad experiences with Ecklers in the past. The first one (backorders) I blew off. The second experience involved shipping the incorrect part, which I ordered directly from a telephone representative. Fought and fought to get my complete refund. Company representatives kept promising I would get it. Never did. Decision made? Never use Ecklers again.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:28 PM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunho
I ordered some leather covers off of eBay. But just saw a review that the mirror hole was cut too big. Guess I'll know when they get here on Monday.
Let us know how it fits and how you like them

Quick Reply: Ecklers