Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

1984 mono-leaf codes or part #'s.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 11:33 PM
rnoswal
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 1984 mono-leaf codes or part #'s.

I have an 84 vette and have started looking at the suspension. I have read that there may be different front and rear spring rating that will fit on my car. I see three letter codes for the springs on ebay and am wondering what they mean. HKX, BMH, FHA, NYR, BMF, FJY and maybe even more. What do these letters mean. I would like to go softest with what is available even though I have read in these forums that the early C4's are very stiff riding anyway.

Any help out there? I tried a search here but did not find a definitive writing on this subject. All of those letters were listed on that many different listings of springs on ebay.

Thanks

Russ
Old 06-29-2015, 10:25 AM
corvettenorway
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by rnoswal
I have an 84 vette and have started looking at the suspension. I have read that there may be different front and rear spring rating that will fit on my car. I see three letter codes for the springs on ebay and am wondering what they mean. HKX, BMH, FHA, NYR, BMF, FJY and maybe even more. What do these letters mean. I would like to go softest with what is available even though I have read in these forums that the early C4's are very stiff riding anyway.

Any help out there? I tried a search here but did not find a definitive writing on this subject. All of those letters were listed on that many different listings of springs on ebay.

Thanks

Russ
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...usp_chart.html https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ar-sizing.html

Last edited by corvettenorway; 06-29-2015 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:38 AM
rnoswal
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That was exactly what I was looking for. Now I will have to find owners on here that have changed to lighter springs and see how they liked or disliked the changes. It seems that real world driving, pot holes, speed bumps, railroad crossings and such were never considered when first setting up the C4's. The stock sway bars are all that's needed to keep this car cornering flat in normal driving.

Thank you.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:10 PM
corvettenorway
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To 1984 mono-leaf codes or part #'s.

Quick Reply: 1984 mono-leaf codes or part #'s.