Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

ac fan weak

Old 06-30-2015, 04:55 PM
wjc1947
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ac fan weak

I have an 86 pace car and have just finished reconditioning the a/c system, Ii is now working properly blowing cool air and all the vents working properly> It has a new blower fan and motor which is working ok,I would like to know if anyone is aware of a more powerful fan or motor I can upgrade to the one I have is kind of wimpy and I would like to upgrade if possible to get more air moving
Old 07-02-2015, 01:11 PM
FOURSPEEDVETTE
Safety Car

Received 224 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by wjc1947
I have an 86 pace car and have just finished reconditioning the a/c system, Ii is now working properly blowing cool air and all the vents working properly> It has a new blower fan and motor which is working ok,I would like to know if anyone is aware of a more powerful fan or motor I can upgrade to the one I have is kind of wimpy and I would like to upgrade if possible to get more air moving
Just FYI. There is nothing at all wrong with your fan motor. The motors that GM put in these cars was never a powerful motor. Even on the highest setting. It's adequate, just not as powerful as most of us would like. I don't know of a direct swap in type motor that would be more powerful, but would be interested myself if anyone knows of one.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:37 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

I hate how weak the fan is also. The max fan speed on my car is like the lowest fan speed on a newer car.

Get notified of new replies

To ac fan weak

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ac fan weak