C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Alil help...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 08:07 AM
dave73
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alil help...?

I've got a 89 that I've been fighting a leak with somewhere for a while now. It has driven me absolutely crazy...
I cannot figure out if it is something inside shorting out or outside(engine comp.) That is shorting when it rains.
Doesn't happen all the time,seems only when it rains hard with higher winds.
What happens is with car off and parked ,keys out of ignition and all, the dash cluster, the climit control module and fan, also the electric cooling fan for the motor/radiator they all come on and kinda flash on and off...
Now I've believed it to be the computer but I've pulled the comp. And it appears to be dry. The only reason I believe it's in engine compartment is that when this happens, there is a cluster of wires that run along the intake and go down behind the motor by the distributor , if I take the wires and pull and move the grouping around it will stop...problem is I've tried looking down there but as you know there very little room. Is there a connection there I don't see? Is there a module or something back there that can be getting wet and shorting out?
Thanks for any help...
Old 07-01-2015, 08:15 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Check your grounds

Quick Reply: Alil help...?