Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 10:05 PM
chadls6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Rocket ship

Wow,
I played with the vette a little today. I had to take it easy because the brakes are not functioning properly. No lights on dash. However, I put all new rotors, pads and stainless lines on before the shop started on the motor install. They were never even used except to put on and off trailer, dyno, ect. I have new wilwood 6 piston 14" kit to install on the front. Anyway, I'll works on fixing the brakes this week. I have a long 8 mile 2 lane perfectly strait road about 10 miles over the border.... Dead stop to top of fourth felt so fast! Wow.....can't wait to work out the bugs and get some track times. I ran 11.70/125 with 422 rwhp, so I know she has to be in the 10's with 570 hp and 550 tq to wheels. Maybe low 10's with slicks and good driver! I know the more I drive it the slower it will feel but right now i can't fathom it getting any faster!!!
Old 07-26-2015, 10:09 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts

Sweet! Hope to see you on the roads sometime
Old 07-26-2015, 11:56 PM
chadls6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1
Sweet! Hope to see you on the roads sometime
Sounds like a plan!

Also I found out none of the dyno numbers were corrected. They were at 1200 feet and dyno room was 109 df and ait was 172 or 192 df. I'll get confirmation.

Last edited by chadls6; 07-26-2015 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:10 AM
3D87C4
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome build, congratulations. Looking forward to some driving footage.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:05 AM
chadls6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 3D87C4
Awesome build, congratulations. Looking forward to some driving footage.
First off, thank you very much! Also, thanks for reminding me I'm such an idiot! I got a go pro for Christmas and didn't even hook it up today! I really need to get these brakes fixed before I do what I did again. I'll get on it this week!

Last edited by chadls6; 07-27-2015 at 03:08 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:40 PM
chadls6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I pulled apart my brakes and decided to go ahead and install all new bushings and ball joints, ect. Also, new front ac delco wheel bearings, shocks too. I don't want any doubts racing, auto crossing, tx mile ect with 24 year old parts! I bought a c6 z06 intake so I could get rid of my butchered original. I will be able to run 4" from intake to maf to tb. No restrictions! I have parts arriving daily so hopefully I'll have her done soon. Oh I have new fikse wheels and tires to install. 18x10 front with 275 michelins and 18x12 rear with 315 drag radials. I can't wait until the wrenching is done and I can enjoy her! This car will be new front to back. Motor, computer, harness, exhaust, radiator, ac, alternator, ps, trans, rear, fuel sender, fuel tank, pumps, wheels, tires, suspension, brakes, ect ect. I'm glad I'm attached to this car cause I'll never get my money back! I bought hp tuners pro so I can data log. The car has a couple spots in the tune I don't like and the tuner said to expect that since it was all new and initial tune. He also added fuel across board to keep her safe while I break her in so I'm sure once I'm all done wrenching and put some miles on her she will gain some power when I have her tuned again.

Last edited by chadls6; 08-23-2015 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:38 AM
STEVEN13
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

Thanks for the update.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:29 AM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Killer engine. What a great swap.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:56 PM
chadls6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MavsAK
Killer engine. What a great swap.
Thank you very much!
Old 08-28-2015, 11:17 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Awesome !!! Can't believe I never saw this thread ! Very impressive stuff. Totally right on the cost argument, built my first and blew it up and I'm on my second stroker now and it isn't too close in the hp/$ argument vs the Ls. I think you are incredibly fortunate in having a relationship with a shoppe willing to put the time and effort to see this through.

If I may, if that's a c4 corsa system I'd have to guess you are losing a significant amount of power. They are single 2.5" per side. I would venture to say there's probably 50+ hp in moving to a 3" system. I love the corsa on one of my c4s but it's adequate for its nearly stock power levels. 700+ that's a whole different story !!

Looking forward to updates !!
Old 09-02-2015, 06:39 PM
chadls6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 5abivt
Awesome !!! Can't believe I never saw this thread ! Very impressive stuff. Totally right on the cost argument, built my first and blew it up and I'm on my second stroker now and it isn't too close in the hp/$ argument vs the Ls. I think you are incredibly fortunate in having a relationship with a shoppe willing to put the time and effort to see this through.

If I may, if that's a c4 corsa system I'd have to guess you are losing a significant amount of power. They are single 2.5" per side. I would venture to say there's probably 50+ hp in moving to a 3" system. I love the corsa on one of my c4s but it's adequate for its nearly stock power levels. 700+ that's a whole different story !!

Looking forward to updates !!
The shop that did mine said they would never do another. . I got real lucky on that since they did such a great job instead of just throwing it in there. Like I said they used a mock motor and trans and were able to use the stock mounting points and motor mounts. They used the lt1 steam lines to attach to the ls. They really thought it out and I haven't had any trouble out of it. It's a real bummer about that corsa exhaust! Not only is it great looking and stainless it has no drone and is quiet until you mash the go pedal. Gosh that irks me! I could just install some electric cut outs! Problem solved. I'm ordering a 9" rear as we speak! I've got a lot of work to do and I've been so busy at work all I've been able to do is order parts. They are stacking up. However, it will take up to 6 weeks for the 9" to be built so I have plenty of time. I'll probably end up going with a 4l80e so I can get this thing in the 8's. Drive to the track run an 8 and drive home with the ac and radio and cruise on all while my big gulp is in the cup holder.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:44 AM
STEVEN13
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by chadls6
The shop that did mine said they would never do another. . I got real lucky on that since they did such a great job instead of just throwing it in there. Like I said they used a mock motor and trans and were able to use the stock mounting points and motor mounts. They used the lt1 steam lines to attach to the ls. They really thought it out and I haven't had any trouble out of it. It's a real bummer about that corsa exhaust! Not only is it great looking and stainless it has no drone and is quiet until you mash the go pedal. Gosh that irks me! I could just install some electric cut outs! Problem solved. I'm ordering a 9" rear as we speak! I've got a lot of work to do and I've been so busy at work all I've been able to do is order parts. They are stacking up. However, it will take up to 6 weeks for the 9" to be built so I have plenty of time. I'll probably end up going with a 4l80e so I can get this thing in the 8's. Drive to the track run an 8 and drive home with the ac and radio and cruise on all while my big gulp is in the cup holder.
If you don't mind-Where are you getting the 9" rear. I am very happy with mine-I just need some HP!

Regards,
Steve
Old 09-03-2015, 03:49 PM
chadls6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by STEVEN13
If you don't mind-Where are you getting the 9" rear. I am very happy with mine-I just need some HP!

Regards,
Steve
Carroll's rod and racecraft.
Also, I put my Dana 44 with gladiator diff, Denny's nitrous half shafts, ect in the for sale section if anyone is interested.

Last edited by chadls6; 09-03-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:29 PM
DGXR
Melting Slicks

Received 346 Likes on 300 Posts

I'd love to see pictures of the engine installed in the car.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:36 PM
chadls6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DGXR
I'd love to see pictures of the engine installed in the car.
Go to my first post and click on the third link at the bottom. It's a video but you can pause it and it gives a great shot of the engine. I'll be adding pics as I start working on brakes, front end, bearings, 9" rear conversion, ect. Keep a look out because they will be coming. I'd love to get this car in a magizine when it's all done. Wonder if anyone besides us cares about a c4 with a lsx454? I shooting for 8.9999999 9/10 in 1/4 with the fogger set at 300 hp.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:51 PM
856SPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

Go to my first post and click on the third link at the bottom. It's a video but you can pause it and it gives a great shot of the engine. I'll be adding pics as I start working on brakes, front end, bearings, 9" rear conversion, ect. Keep a look out because they will be coming. I'd love to get this car in a magizine when it's all done. Wonder if anyone besides us cares about a c4 with a lsx454? I shooting for 8.9999999 9/10 in 1/4 with the fogger set at 300 hp.
It's definitely a magazine worthy car when finished!
Old 09-07-2015, 04:21 PM
chadls6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 856SPEED
It's definitely a magazine worthy car when finished!
Thanks man! U made my day.

Get notified of new replies

To My 92 Corvette with LSX454 Swap with Videos

Old 09-09-2015, 10:11 PM
856SPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

Thanks man! U made my day.
I have to admire C4's that have more performance modifications than mine. I mean there are plenty here on the forum, but I know what kind of dough it takes since I have tons in mine.

The LS transplant cars are probably the most exciting; why do I say that when it is terribly expensive after you add all of the other changes that need to be performed to accommodate the retro-fitted GM mill? Because I believe anyone wanting a modified C4 will be most attracted to the LS series than ANY gen.1 or 2 Chevy engine no matter how warmed over for a variety of reasons.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:16 AM
sahhas
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

i first saw this engine when i saw some car show on velocity on the cheetah. and the engine they put in it was the LSX454. i just looked it up and it's a 620hp engine, and it looks like the base price of the engine is $9500 (looks like you can get it a bit cheaper in some places)...

so that's an impressive engine for sure! the funny thing is $9500 is what i got my 2000 corvette for about 4 weeks ago! with it's stock 345hp, honestly that is enough power for me on the streets. it is a fun car to drive.
when i was picking my car up last week, another guy had an '89 red corvette in, and i sat in it and started it up and i really did like the look of it also....we had a few corvette jokes back and forth about stuff, but the funny thing, regardless the quirks and drawbacks, we were both smiling about how much we loved our corvettes....

now a corvette w/ a LSX454 engine in it would be most fun to have, but i don't think i can afford one! but it is impressive!
Old 09-10-2015, 09:43 PM
chadls6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by sahhas
i first saw this engine when i saw some car show on velocity on the cheetah. and the engine they put in it was the LSX454. i just looked it up and it's a 620hp engine, and it looks like the base price of the engine is $9500 (looks like you can get it a bit cheaper in some places)...

so that's an impressive engine for sure! the funny thing is $9500 is what i got my 2000 corvette for about 4 weeks ago! with it's stock 345hp, honestly that is enough power for me on the streets. it is a fun car to drive.
when i was picking my car up last week, another guy had an '89 red corvette in, and i sat in it and started it up and i really did like the look of it also....we had a few corvette jokes back and forth about stuff, but the funny thing, regardless the quirks and drawbacks, we were both smiling about how much we loved our corvettes....

now a corvette w/ a LSX454 engine in it would be most fun to have, but i don't think i can afford one! but it is impressive!
Congrats on the new purchase! The ls platform is wonderful. I wonder what the newest lt1 (3rd rendition) will be capable of in 18 years. That's how long the ls has been out (2nd rendition). Yeah this build has snowballed. I'm about to drop $8300 on a complete 9" and brakes. Then I'll have to buy a new driveshaft with 1350 u joints since the factory was 1310. The half shafts were 1350. What's funny is $9500 is cheap compared to everything else to make it work if you're like me and want the best. I'd hate to count up what I have in it! life is short so do what makes you happy as long as you don't hurt anyone doing it.

Quick Reply: My 92 Corvette with LSX454 Swap with Videos