C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

My Typical Corvette Weekend - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 08:20 PM
cessnaguy1965
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My Typical Corvette Weekend - Pics

I would like to think that I am unique and I am the only one who behaves this way, but I bet there are others just like me. When quitting time rolls around on a Friday afternoon, I am more than ready for the weekend. I am more than grateful to be employed and I hope to stay that way for another couple of decades, but let's face it, I love a weekend. Owning the Corvette and just hanging with it? That's icing on the cake. Even if there is no event in town that would include the car - parade, car show, etc. - just being in the garage, cooking out, and sitting with our pride and joy is a great way for me to enjoy a summer weekend. So, without further delay - see how my typical Corvette weekend compares to yours and enjoy the tour of the garage while your at it.

Everything in it's place. Just the way I like it.

The tool box is another important item of my weekend. Don't understand the 4 arrows on the Cummins N-14 poster!?!

There are the 4 arrows are again, but I think everyone gets the idea that I LOVE a good cook out.

Can you ever have too much paper towel?<br/>I say no.

Continuing with the tour, we see the radio, bobble head, and Corvette tins.

This is kind of a Bat Man Bat Cave kind of shot. With the 4 arrows.

Another art formation that has been in the making for who knows how many years. And 4 arrows.

Where shiny and clean happens. Check out the 4 arrows and the pigs butt.

So to wind up the tour, we have the garage, Corvette, and yes 4 arrows.

I really need to figure out the 4 arrow thing. I thing the pics turned out okay otherwise. I hope everyone enjoyed the tour and had their own Corvette summer weekend.

Enjoy the heat,
Cessnaguy
Old 07-18-2015, 08:24 PM
cessnaguy1965
Instructor

Alright!! What happened to all of the arrows that I saw when I posted the pics?? I swear they were there and I am NOT losing my mind.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:39 AM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

4 arrows, sure, when was your last doctor appointment? Nice car and would have loved to come to dinner.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:58 PM
Doughan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Elite Member
Cruise-In III Veteran

When's the next cook out? Very cool!!
Old 07-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Whiteonrice
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I looked a long time at each picture no arrows, really a long time and no arrows. Thanks for saving my sanity, yours on the other hand....

Rick
Old 07-20-2015, 02:46 AM
Silver96ce
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

I've been taking pain killers the last couple of days and I was going nuts trying to figure out the "4 arrows" as I looked at the photos. Told myself must be the pills making me blind or crazy.

Didn't get it till I saw the subsequent posts. Whew!

Thanks for the photos - car looks great and that line up on the grill looks really good! But ya gotta organize that nice tool cart. Looks like a US General from HF - been eyeing them for the last few years. Something always comes up that stops me from pulling the trigger on one though.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:06 AM
jesters94
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C4 of the Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by cessnaguy1965

Another art formation that has been in the making for who knows how many years.
cessnaguy,

Cool story!

I would like to know if you have the ability to scan and email documents and pictures. If so, would you be willing to scan and send me that Mid America article in the upper left corner of the quoted picture?

As an owner of a Brickyard car I'd really like a copy! PM me if this is possible!
Old 07-20-2015, 10:41 AM
C5 4me
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by kimmer
4 arrows, sure, when was your last doctor appointment? Nice car and would have loved to come to dinner.
What time is dinner?
Old 07-20-2015, 07:25 PM
cessnaguy1965
Instructor

Thanks for the photos - car looks great and that line up on the grill looks really good! But ya gotta organize that nice tool cart. Looks like a US General from HF -

The cook out was amazing and the picture of the tool cart doesn't do it justice. It seems like the top portion is in constant reorganize mode because I think I can make it look better. It is the 5 drawer tool cart from HF and between a "sale" and a combination of coupons my wife surprised me with it a few birthdays ago. I believe out the door was right at a one hundred dollar bill. Sounds like a lot, but compare it to a Snap - on or a Matco and for the home use it does just fine for me. It comes with liners and two keys but does require assembly. I believe you will be happy if you get one.

Thanks for the good words!!
Cessnaguy
Old 07-20-2015, 07:57 PM
ccrvtt
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Lovely! Thanks for sharing, and especially for clarifying the 4 arrows. I like your decorating touch. For some reason the shot of the 6 speed is just ... very cool.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:49 AM
Raidmagic
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by cessnaguy1965
Thanks for the photos - car looks great and that line up on the grill looks really good! But ya gotta organize that nice tool cart. Looks like a US General from HF -

The cook out was amazing and the picture of the tool cart doesn't do it justice. It seems like the top portion is in constant reorganize mode because I think I can make it look better. It is the 5 drawer tool cart from HF and between a "sale" and a combination of coupons my wife surprised me with it a few birthdays ago. I believe out the door was right at a one hundred dollar bill. Sounds like a lot, but compare it to a Snap - on or a Matco and for the home use it does just fine for me. It comes with liners and two keys but does require assembly. I believe you will be happy if you get one.

Thanks for the good words!!
Cessnaguy

I have a rather large Snap On box and I recently bought that same rolling cart. It's nice to have a set of tools portable that you can roll around the shop to where you are working rather than walking back and forth. I use it under my lift, if I go out on the back driveway. It's a really nice cart.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:57 PM
jesters94
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C4 of the Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist

Glenn,

Here are the pictures I promised. Sorry it took so long to post these up. This week has been BUSY!! Once again I want to thank you for your generosity in sending me the poster. My next step is to buy a frame for both posters and re-hang them in the same spot.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:03 PM
cessnaguy1965
Instructor

WOW Jester!!

Now I know why that poster looks better in your display than it did mine. The pooter has been acting funny, as in I couldn't get on the forum the last couple of days, so that is my excuse for being late to the discussion.

At any rate, thank you very much for reaching out to us on this poster. We sure had a ball of fun getting the package together and sending it off.

See everyone down the road!!
Cessnaguy in Illinois
The following users liked this post:
jesters94 (09-23-2015)

Get notified of new replies

To My Typical Corvette Weekend - Pics

Quick Reply: My Typical Corvette Weekend - Pics