Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

introducing oneself to other car enthusiasts: Im not one of 'those' corvette types

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 07:48 PM
Not4spd
Melting Slicks

Received 630 Likes on 394 Posts

I had quite the interesting experience at a car meet recently with a Vette owner. Guy pulls up in his C6 with paper tags and we start talking. I complement him on his ride and ask if he has any plans for it. He starts talking about how it's going to the shop next week. Nice I said what all are you having them do. He looked me and said, "lots of stuff to make it fast." I don't know if the guy was just being a dick or seriously has no idea what the shop was doing. I'm going with the latter. Needless to say I walked away after that.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:46 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

a striper I think youre referring to the proverbial "Corvette Queer"

Many yrs ago worked in a shop that restored C1-2, Gen 1 Camaros etc those guys would come in almost every day and argue over bolt markings etc etc etc. Swordfighting in a Twilight Zone way lol

That stigma is correct to a large degree....when I was a teen it was that way and nothings changed since then, (creeping up on 50 too fast).

Remember going to a forum GTG not long after I joined, met up in a mall parking lot. Some guy had to bring ramps and mirrors with displays every time, car wasnt but 2 mos old.
Left and never went back

Not my crowd...admire the cars thats about it.

Ran across a CD the other day with vids and pics of the 2 C4s I had most were at the track, what they were meant for....good times.

Been fooling with a 60s mullet car for a number of yrs never been happier.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:43 PM
86C4Z51
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Not4spd
I had quite the interesting experience at a car meet recently with a Vette owner. Guy pulls up in his C6 with paper tags and we start talking. I complement him on his ride and ask if he has any plans for it. He starts talking about how it's going to the shop next week. Nice I said what all are you having them do. He looked me and said, "lots of stuff to make it fast." I don't know if the guy was just being a dick or seriously has no idea what the shop was doing. I'm going with the latter. Needless to say I walked away after that.
He wasn't a car guy. Probably not even a decent driver. *shrug*
Old 08-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Poconosteve1
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver96ce
After being labeled for most of my life from my time being a small child to adulthood, I stopped giving a crap what people thought of me about 30 years ago. If someone who doesn't know me wants to label me as "one of those corvette types" - he or she can go pound sand for all I care.
My wife said one of the main reasons she was attracted to me was that I didn't care what the large majority of people thought about me. She has wholeheartedly adopted my attitude. The only opinions that count with me are hers and a very few close friends.

Recently I had a few relapses of "caring" (getting old I guess) but fortunately I came to my senses.

VERY, VERY well said!! And a good reminder! I always try to treat others and I want to be treated. I think no matter what kind of car you have..we all just love cars. Those people with 'sucky' personalities just get left in the dust anyway.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:28 AM
Wsmcdade1
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WW7
I may be an azzhole, but it has nothing to do with my Corvette......WW

Quick Reply: introducing oneself to other car enthusiasts: Im not one of 'those' corvette types