Might be adding this to my fleet tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 09:38 PM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Might be adding this to my fleet tomorrow

C4 LT4

We will see if this guy accepts my proposed deal for sure. Only 80k on it. Clean with no leaks.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:02 PM
Kenabinkport
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car, I also plan on getting a C4 LT4 tomorrow but in polo green. How much are you getting her for?
Old 07-24-2015, 10:07 PM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kenabinkport
Beautiful car, I also plan on getting a C4 LT4 tomorrow but in polo green. How much are you getting her for?
I offered $9k otd. He said we will talk. He probably thinks I'll love it so much I'll pay more, but nope. $9000 otd is my price. He had it listed for $12k at one time, but it's been sitting for 4 months now and still on his lot. It's now listed at $10k.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:10 PM
Kenabinkport
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think $9k is reasonable for that machine. Do you know what kind of exhaust it has?
Old 07-24-2015, 10:43 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16

Good Luck...
Old 07-24-2015, 10:45 PM
illenema
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Keep us posted
Old 07-24-2015, 11:37 PM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,644 Posts

That's a real nice looking LT4. I hope it works out for you.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:08 AM
Silver96ce
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

Looks good and good luck with the purchase!
Old 07-25-2015, 01:05 AM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kenabinkport
I think $9k is reasonable for that machine. Do you know what kind of exhaust it has?
Thanks everyone.

Not sure what exhaust is on it. But the sales guy just called me about an hour ago. Told me the car hadn't been started in 2 months. Which I am not surprised. He told me they were getting it ready for me to see it and drive it tomorrow. So the battery was dead.

They replaced the battery with a new one. The mechanic went to start it and it fired right up. But then he took it for a drive and it died. He got it started again and brought it back to the lot. After some diagnosis work he found that the fuel pump went to crap. So they are replacing the fuel pump tomorrow.

I'm not surprised since besides normal maintenance, the car hasn't really had anything done to it except tires and brakes. It does look lowered. Not sure what else has been done to it. I'll let everyone know tomorrow.

A member on this board test drove that car a few months back. Said it was clean and solid. He said it did feel like it had some power loss. Wonder if it was that fuel pump crapping out. He also told me there were some cracked interior pieces which I am not worried about.

For an LT4 car, if it's clean and runs good, the price is right. I see these in the teens and higher as far as price goes. Some people really try and get a lot of money for these cars. I personally have never drove an lt4 car. But I have heard that it surprises the early c5 owners on the street.
Old 07-25-2015, 01:21 AM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts

Thanks for posting the offer Looking to sell my zo7 ruby and getting an LT4.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:50 AM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

Good luck. It looks great
Old 07-25-2015, 10:20 AM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 626 Likes on 488 Posts

Good luck. I hope it works out for you getting it. They are fun cars.

(I got my LT4 about a month ago.)
Old 07-25-2015, 07:17 PM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

Well, I just got back from there two hours ago. An hour drive turned into a 2.5 hour drive with all the damn traffic.

I saw the car and it was super clean, even with it being dirty. Has new rear tires and 40% tread up front. Interior is super decent with only slight wear on the driver's seat bolster. The car has been regularly maintenanced by my inspection(no sludge, no signs of bad fluids in the valve cover or cooling system. Clean coolant, oil etc. Some broken plastics in the interior at the site of the shift console, which is expected. It did have a brand new battery just installed. Has an aftermarket Magnaflow catback system as well. All was pretty good.

Now the bad:

Car ran like total crap and then wouldn't start back up. Sales guy/owner felt bad. He said he would not sell me the car that way. He has quite a few Corvettes there, but is not familiar at all with the C4 generation. Mostly C5 and c6 cars he is familiar with. His shadytree mechanic is one of those dudes that only replaces brake pads and engine oil.

The owner told me his mechanic is not that great and will have the car towed to his reputable guy he uses at a shop who works on corvettes. I have a feeling it's an opti issue. The opti looked original to me. It had original sparkplug wires as well. Mostly everything in the engine was original. But everything rubber didn't look deteriorated. But who knows. Anyway now on to price.

He wanted his listed price of $9995. I said no, not in this lifetime nor any other. This car was listed for $12k about 4 months ago, that's too much to me, even though some will disagree. I told him $9000 otd. He said no, because now he will be spending money on finding out about the issues and it might be pricey. Told him sorry dude, not my problem. I came here to see a running Corvette like you had advertised. He said I was right.

So he came down some, $9500 otd, I finally told him $9000 otd or I walk and drive back down 100 miles home. He said you would walk? I said yes. I am currently handicap so i can't drive the car home anyway. In the end he agreed to $9k otd, having the issue repaired (provide me with receipts of repair), new battery, new fuel pump he already purchased and will have installed as well, have the car professionally detailed and delivered by a car carrier to my front door.

I haven't signed anything and he did not want any money until the car was repaired and running. The guy was really cool and wasn't pressuring me at all. I think I did the pressuring. His lot boy came up to me and told me he purchased the car at auction for $8000. I was in the back of the lot getting some final looks at it, so this nice young man approached me and gave me the skinny on the owner and his purchases. Lol.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:57 PM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

No doubt he didn't want to seal the deal, hoping another would cruise in and pay more.

car carrier? I pal and I might bring it to ya, if you need an assist. We're both Vette guys and old! LOL
Old 07-26-2015, 01:40 AM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by whalepirot
No doubt he didn't want to seal the deal, hoping another would cruise in and pay more.

car carrier? I pal and I might bring it to ya, if you need an assist. We're both Vette guys and old! LOL
I may actually take you up on that offer. I don't trust tow truck and car carriers. Especially it being a Corvette and sitting low.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:46 PM
AgentEran
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by EVLGTO
His lot boy came up to me and told me he purchased the car at auction for $8000. I was in the back of the lot getting some final looks at it, so this nice young man approached me and gave me the skinny on the owner and his purchases. Lol.
When I went and looked at this car maybe 3 or 4 months ago the sales guy said "an older lady traded it in for a Jeep"......

Go figure..lol
Old 07-27-2015, 01:07 PM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AgentEran
When I went and looked at this car maybe 3 or 4 months ago the sales guy said "an older lady traded it in for a Jeep"......

Go figure..lol
That must of been Richard you dealt with Agent. I looked at yelp reviews and most people said he's a dick. I dealt with his younger brother Ralph, who was actually really cool and honest. He even told me they got that C4 at auction and not far off from how much I offered him. But I heard Richard has been pressuring his little bro to sell that car. Ralph even told me he needs to move that car and sell it.

Richard has been on vacay quite a while and Ralph is going on vacay starting Saturday. I hope the car is done this week, so I can seal the deal with Ralph. Ralph told me Richard won't sell it that cheap because now it's going to cost them to fix it. An opti job I bet cost close to $1000 these days at a good shop. Battery, fuel pump, at this pace they will loose money on it.

I'm glad you drove the car. Gives me a gauge on how good it was before it took a dump. we will see how this goes this week. I'll keep ya'll updated.

P.S. Old lady???? ********! Last person who had the car was probably the one who lowered it and added the exhaust. At least they left everything else stock. I don't trust Richard.

Get notified of new replies

To Might be adding this to my fleet tomorrow

Old 07-28-2015, 08:26 PM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

So I thought I would update everyone on this venture.

Fuel pump was replaced by shadytree mechanic. I was told the car fired up after the new pump was put in. But it had a little miss in the idle and then it threw a code. Not sure what else they did, but I was told the idle is great and the car runs good now. Also, no more ses light.

I bet the owner knows he's going to loose his *** on this car if he keeps throwing parts at it. So it's running good for now and he's praying nothing else goes wrong until he delivers it to me lol.

I still believe there may be an opti in the near future for this car. I think I'll have fun diagnosing this car when it's time. But at this point, I don't want that clown wannabe mechanic touching the car anymore. So I think I'll go for it.

Here's some more pics.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:29 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16

Nice looking Vette
Old 07-28-2015, 09:04 PM
crowz
Melting Slicks

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

Very nice find, good luck with it and hopefully you can just drive it and not have any problems.

Quick Reply: Might be adding this to my fleet tomorrow