C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

A big thumbs up from a C7

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 10:16 AM
corvettewd
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A big thumbs up from a C7

I was cursing down Temecula Parkway on my way home from church Sunday evening when this very cool black C7 coupe pulls up beside me and matches my speed.
The owner had a pretty dark tint on the windows so I couldn't see into the car. After what seemed like about a minute of side by side driving, the passenger window goes down and I see a small child hardly tall enough to see over the side window sill, stick out his hand and flash a big thumbs up. How cool is that! I thought, there is a future vette owner enjoying the night with his parent or maybe grand parent because I never did see the driver. Needless to say, I pointed back to him and gave him my biggest thumbs up. The driver then hit the gas and pulled sharply away. I bet that child will have a great deal of good vette memories. I wish him many more.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:20 AM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Kids really like C4's. They always run over to touch it or point at one because they see it as a radical departure from what most cars are supposed to look like.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:58 PM
shootnstarz
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Cool, I get very few to no waves from new models, some C5 guys do bother to wave but not a large percentage. But to be fair this place is a windows up/AC on climate 9 months out of the year.

I do have some kids in the neighborhood that wave and shout "nice car" when I drive by them. Good to see them taking interest.

Rick
Old 09-22-2015, 01:05 PM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

Kids just love the C4's. I get them just staring at mine all the time.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:11 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I get a lot of "cool car" from kids of all ages with the C4.
Usually get waves from other vettes.

I think the C4 is coming around.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:35 PM
corvettewd
Advanced

Originally Posted by mike100
Kids really like C4's. They always run over to touch it or point at one because they see it as a radical departure from what most cars are supposed to look like.
Mike, I see you are from San Marcos. I used to live on Sam Pablo Dr in Lake San Marcos. Now I'm Temecula.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:20 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettewd
Mike, I see you are from San Marcos. I used to live on Sam Pablo Dr in Lake San Marcos. Now I'm Temecula.
yeah, I'm just on the other side of Rancho Santa Fe near the firehouse. There's a few good roads to drive around here still.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:45 PM
csthews
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettewd
I was cursing down Temecula Parkway on my way home from church Sunday evening when this very cool black C7 coupe pulls up beside me and matches my speed.
The owner had a pretty dark tint on the windows so I couldn't see into the car. After what seemed like about a minute of side by side driving, the passenger window goes down and I see a small child hardly tall enough to see over the side window sill, stick out his hand and flash a big thumbs up. How cool is that! I thought, there is a future vette owner enjoying the night with his parent or maybe grand parent because I never did see the driver. Needless to say, I pointed back to him and gave him my biggest thumbs up. The driver then hit the gas and pulled sharply away. I bet that child will have a great deal of good vette memories. I wish him many more.
You should have turned the headlights on for him. They really love the show.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:16 PM
corvettewd
Advanced

Originally Posted by csthews
You should have turned the headlights on for him. They really love the show.
Headlights were on. Yeah you are right about that. Kids love to see the lights pop up at out cars and coffee. I had one sit in the drivers seat and I turned the key and showed him the dash in my 95. He said "wow, they had digital dashes back then" He was talking about the speedo.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:00 PM
ghlkal
Safety Car

Received 491 Likes on 392 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Great story.

Thanks for sharing

Get notified of new replies

To A big thumbs up from a C7