Max Jax

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 09:19 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Dt86
Can you tell me how far you have them spaced apart. Looks like you have to get that right to make sure the arms reach the jack points under the car. The arms dont extend correct?
The arms will extend out 13 inches. The MaxJax install instructions have information about how far apart the vertical posts can be spaced. It's important to have the pads lined up properly too, otherwise the lifting blocks inside the posts can bind.

My posts are 135" apart from the back side of the floor mounting pads. That's more than enough for my 87 and '02 to be lifted and I can open the doors nearly all the way. I extend the arms about 6" once I get the car roughly centered between the posts.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:17 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
The arms will extend out 13 inches. The MaxJax install instructions have information about how far apart the vertical posts can be spaced. It's important to have the pads lined up properly too, otherwise the lifting blocks inside the posts can bind.

My posts are 135" apart from the back side of the floor mounting pads. That's more than enough for my 87 and '02 to be lifted and I can open the doors nearly all the way. I extend the arms about 6" once I get the car roughly centered between the posts.
Great info! Thank you.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:14 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

Originally Posted by Dt86
Great info! Thank you.

Hey i know this is a bit old but its the only c4 max jax thread i could find. and im guessing the owners wont mind raving about them.

on that note, what is the current situation with the max jax? is it possible for you guys to take a picture of working under the car? ive spent many many many hours on my back under my 85 since december and im thinking of getting one. i assume you sit on a stool or something.

i have a 9 ft ceiling but my garage door opener is below that so a full size lift is not going to happen for me. this will be a great option until i move to a bigger house with a bugger shop.

i have 4ish " re-enforced slab so i think im good there.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:05 PM
wfd1739
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r
Hey i know this is a bit old but its the only c4 max jax thread i could find. and im guessing the owners wont mind raving about them.

on that note, what is the current situation with the max jax? is it possible for you guys to take a picture of working under the car? ive spent many many many hours on my back under my 85 since december and im thinking of getting one. i assume you sit on a stool or something.

i have a 9 ft ceiling but my garage door opener is below that so a full size lift is not going to happen for me. this will be a great option until i move to a bigger house with a bugger shop.

i have 4ish " re-enforced slab so i think im good there.

You can see the stool on the right. Works well.

On a separate note, don't use the wedge it anchors. Buy some epoxy anchors they work really well and are easy to install.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:09 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

i saw in another thread some guy used red hat anchors. is this what u mean?

so can u sit up on the stool straight?

Originally Posted by wfd1739

You can see the stool on the right. Works well.

On a separate note, don't use the wedge it anchors. Buy some epoxy anchors they work really well and are easy to install.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:28 PM
wfd1739
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am 5'9" and I can sit up straight with the 3" extensions installed.

I used 1/2" internally threaded Hilti anchors with Hilti 2 part epoxy.

Drilled a 3/4" hole, filled it with the epoxy, set the anchors. Waited 24 hours for drying then installed the lift. I've been very happy with the results.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:14 AM
Bendeco
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I want a backyard buddy lift. The losers on tv say it's good.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:30 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I have a small Harbor Freight stool that's similar to the one in the pic and I can sit on the stool and slide under the car without my head hitting anything on me C4 or my C5.

The extensions do help to add 3" of height, but for cars that are low, you have to raise the car some and put blocks under the tires, lower it back down and then place the extensions on the arms. Depending on the garage ceiling height and where a garage door opener would be located, you just have to carefully raise the car or take good measurements for the open area above the car.

Quick Reply: Max Jax