C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 gets hot runs terrible

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 02:30 AM
Karp
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default C4 gets hot runs terrible

Hello, I was just wondering has anyone found a decent mechanic in the Honolulu area?
I bought a 90 Convertible C4 with a bad l98 engine. I replaced the engine with a LT1. it ran fine for a little now, she starts and as soon as she warms up she acts as if she is missing or something and wont run. I had to limp her home (Hickam).
The codes she thru are strange H74, H33, H34 which are display LCD dimming, etc. Nothing that helps, Im kinda stuck and am starting to pull my hair out. She will start and run, yet not drive (she will move). I checked the Injectors hot and cold, the resistance seems okay 15.2 cold and 15.9 hot, not too far off from each other, i have been reading the forums for ideals yet stumped, Any advice would help. Thanks
Old 10-01-2015, 03:36 AM
Jean Carlos Arroyo
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

performance auto care center in waipio ask for Eric, not to sure if he still works there but he's a good mechanic from what I heard from a mustang club, I'm stationed up in Kaneohe bay mcbh.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:19 AM
beachfreak
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Karp, don't worry about hijacking brah, it's all good!!
There is a shop on Queen Street called Chuck's Corvettes, and I guess the name says it all! Any problem you have, I would guess they can figure out. I had them do my parking brake. I have a Chilton's manual, just reading it for the parking brake scared me and I went running to them.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Karp
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for all the help! Finally found the MAP sensor connector is so old it's cracked and broken. The pins kinda shake out with the rumble of the engine. Guess I'll add connectors to the list. Thanks again for everyone's comments links, hopefully I'll get this back on road soon
Old 10-06-2015, 11:20 AM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by beachfreak
Chilton's manual
the thought of referring to one scares me. Mahalo

Get notified of new replies

To C4 gets hot runs terrible

Quick Reply: C4 gets hot runs terrible