C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

What does this connector go to?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 01:51 AM
Bluezman
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Default What does this connector go to?

I'm hoping someone in the forum can tell me what the heck this connector goes to. It is located in the center console, underneath the cupholder area. My car is a 1990 Convertible with a manual 6-speed.

I took everything apart and thought I'd done a good job recording what everything went to. For the life of me I can't recall ever seeing this connector before. Nothing looks remotely obvious and I've searched online, my FSM, and this forum for what it goes to with no answers. Maybe someone can ease my mind and tell me what is does. Thank you in advance.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:18 AM
Ratboy
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

cigarette lighter?
Old 10-09-2015, 02:28 AM
Bluezman
Racer

I thought that might be it but the lighter wires are bigger and have a black connector that sort of snaps around the back of the metal holder. I actually have it connected. I think the wires to it are orange and black. I'm pretty sure I have that one correct. Thanks for the suggestion, though. If you think of anything else, please chime in.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:32 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,258 Likes on 2,021 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluezman
I'm hoping someone in the forum can tell me what the heck this connector goes to. It is located in the center console, underneath the cupholder area. My car is a 1990 Convertible with a manual 6-speed.

I took everything apart and thought I'd done a good job recording what everything went to. For the life of me I can't recall ever seeing this connector before. Nothing looks remotely obvious and I've searched online, my FSM, and this forum for what it goes to with no answers. Maybe someone can ease my mind and tell me what is does. Thank you in advance.
That's the connector for the VALET/POWER switch for the ZR-1/LT5. It's in all '90 model IP harnesses. Just ignore it. If you have the FSM check 8A-22-10
The following users liked this post:
Bluezman (10-09-2015)
Old 10-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Bluezman
Racer

That explains it! You're SO cool! Thanks for your help. I have the day off of work and wanted to put it all back together but that little connector was holding up the show. Thank you very much.

I'll re-check my FSM. I've scoured the schematics to no avail. Now you've given the reference, I'll wonder how I missed it. My most current excuse is that the page is missing.

Now... Off to the garage!!
Old 10-09-2015, 10:33 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,258 Likes on 2,021 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluezman
That explains it! You're SO cool! Thanks for your help. I have the day off of work and wanted to put it all back together but that little connector was holding up the show. Thank you very much.

I'll re-check my FSM. I've scoured the schematics to no avail. Now you've given the reference, I'll wonder how I missed it. My most current excuse is that the page is missing.

Now... Off to the garage!!
You didn't overlook it. If you weren't troubleshooting the function and if you didn't have a ZR-1/LT5 you'd have no reason whatsoever to check that section of the FSM.

Get notified of new replies

To What does this connector go to?

Quick Reply: What does this connector go to?