C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Strange Startup

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 11:21 AM
73n95
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Strange Startup

My 95 LT1 has been starting just fine since I got it 3 months ago. It has 100 k miles and runs great. It usually starts immediately and settles into a smooth idle. Revs are no problem. I never misses a beat even when approaching red line. Yesterday I parked a few hours after a 10 mile ride. When I restarted it ran very rough, obviously missing on several cylinders. I tried to rev and it continued to run rough, missing. I shut it off and restarted and all was fine. Perfect in fact. I'm thinking fuel delivery. Fuel pump not priming properly?
Old 11-20-2015, 11:26 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

put a fuel pressure gauge taped to the windshield and run and test might need a new fuel filter.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:56 AM
TorchTarga94
Melting Slicks

Received 191 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 73n95
My 95 LT1 has been starting just fine since I got it 3 months ago. It has 100 k miles and runs great. It usually starts immediately and settles into a smooth idle. Revs are no problem. I never misses a beat even when approaching red line. Yesterday I parked a few hours after a 10 mile ride. When I restarted it ran very rough, obviously missing on several cylinders. I tried to rev and it continued to run rough, missing. I shut it off and restarted and all was fine. Perfect in fact. I'm thinking fuel delivery. Fuel pump not priming properly?
Yes more than likely a fuel delivery issue. Put a fuel gauge on the fuel rail, there is a shrader valve for it near the back of the manifold. More than likely the pump going south or fuel pump pulsator leaking within the tank.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:59 AM
73n95
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
put a fuel pressure gauge taped to the windshield and run and test might need a new fuel filter.
Big Bird goes in winter storage if the promised storm hits tonight (Milwaukee). They will dump 4 inches of salt on 3 inches of snow up here in Milwaukee. Winter projects include a fuel filter, new antifreeze, maybe brake fluid, install new Hurst shifter, install a Y pipe. This could be a busy winter.

Get notified of new replies

To Strange Startup

Quick Reply: Strange Startup