C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Gran Turismo 3

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 09:03 AM
Renfield
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 170 Posts
Default Gran Turismo 3

I dusted off the old Playstation and fired up GT3 yesterday for some high speed passes with a shiny red 1996 that looks like a grainy, low res version of my own new best automotive friend.

After the race, the car spins on a turntable behind race stats. Wheels on the passenger side are backwards. Driver side is correct. And I now find this upsetting.

You people are turning me into a vettehead.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:20 AM
trilkb
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Hahahaha, I played gt3 this weekend for about 3 hours. That was one of the more fun gran turismo games. Forgot how challenging the licence tests were
Old 11-24-2015, 01:56 PM
Renfield
Drifting

Originally Posted by trilkb
Hahahaha, I played gt3 this weekend for about 3 hours. That was one of the more fun gran turismo games. Forgot how challenging the licence tests were
Tough getting through the license stuff. My past saves were gone, but I got halfway through the second license before realizing that all my memory cards were toast.

So off to arcade mode!
Old 11-24-2015, 02:43 PM
JD Shredds
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Hahaha. You're bringing me back. I own and have played every GT game in the series, and I always stack up on Vettes and Camaros. Shameless Chevy guy, I guess.

GT3 was an awesome step forward for the series. Fewer cars but the racing engine, graphics, tracks, and Logitech Wheel (I still have the one that released with GT3) were unbelievable at the time. Every other GT after that felt like a much less significant step forward IMO.

Speaking of wheels, I noticed in GT6, the C4 ZR1 wheels are backwards on one of the sides. Polyphony never learns. lol

Why don't I remember a '96 Corvette in GT3? I think I remember the '96 Grand Sport, but mostly C5's. Was there a base model C4 in GT3?
Old 11-24-2015, 03:39 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts

I played all the gran truismo games when I was in elementary-high school. I remember being like 4 years old and picking the 96 GS

Last edited by 1993C4LT1; 11-24-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:53 PM
DGXR
Melting Slicks

Received 346 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by JD Shredds
Hahaha. You're bringing me back. I own and have played every GT game in the series, and I always stack up on Vettes and Camaros. Shameless Chevy guy, I guess.

GT3 was an awesome step forward for the series. Fewer cars but the racing engine, graphics, tracks, and Logitech Wheel (I still have the one that released with GT3) were unbelievable at the time. Every other GT after that felt like a much less significant step forward IMO.

Speaking of wheels, I noticed in GT6, the C4 ZR1 wheels are backwards on one of the sides. Polyphony never learns. lol

Why don't I remember a '96 Corvette in GT3? I think I remember the '96 Grand Sport, but mostly C5's. Was there a base model C4 in GT3?
To answer your question, no. There was no base C4 in GT3. There wasn't even a ZR-1. Just the 1996 Grand Sport.

I've thoroughly enjoyed all the Gran Turismo releases, except #1 -- the physics were just too wonky and at that time I was barely getting into gaming. Played the heck out of all the other GT games. Yes GT3 was a huge step forward primarily because of the "power" of the PS2, just as GT5 was a huge step forward because of the PS3. I clearly remember the first time I played GT3... went straight to arcade mode and took the C5R to Grand Valley.

Believe it or not, in GT6 (a current-generation game), some of the car models come straight from the PS2 games. If you have GT6, look closely at the Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car. The fenders and other details are horribly blocky and jagged. The models were ported directly over for PS3 titles. The GT-R Concept LM is just one of many, many ported models.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:28 PM
Renfield
Drifting

Here ya go! A virtual vixen.
Attached Images  
Old 11-25-2015, 02:10 AM
JD Shredds
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Outside of playing GT5 & 6 recently, I did play some GT2. And of course I was using the '96. And the '95 ZR1.

Originally Posted by DGXR
To answer your question, no. There was no base C4 in GT3. There wasn't even a ZR-1. Just the 1996 Grand Sport.

I've thoroughly enjoyed all the Gran Turismo releases, except #1 -- the physics were just too wonky and at that time I was barely getting into gaming. Played the heck out of all the other GT games. Yes GT3 was a huge step forward primarily because of the "power" of the PS2, just as GT5 was a huge step forward because of the PS3. I clearly remember the first time I played GT3... went straight to arcade mode and took the C5R to Grand Valley.

Believe it or not, in GT6 (a current-generation game), some of the car models come straight from the PS2 games. If you have GT6, look closely at the Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car. The fenders and other details are horribly blocky and jagged. The models were ported directly over for PS3 titles. The GT-R Concept LM is just one of many, many ported models.
Yup. With GT6 they did smooth over a lot of those "standard" models, but it was really even more obvious in GT5 that they ported models from GT4. Really lazy way to have massive car total claims... even though they try to claim 20 different versions of the same Nissan Skyline count as different cars.

As for GT3, I have distinct memories of using the C5R with my cousin and trying to top each others lap times with the GT Force wheel. Good times.

Get notified of new replies

To Gran Turismo 3

Quick Reply: Gran Turismo 3