C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Electrical Connector question

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 08:30 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Default Electrical Connector question

I have a number of connectors under the hood of my 86 where the plastic tab that locks it onto the receiving piece the tab that does the locking is broken off.

I'm trying to find out the name of the type connector and if I can get just the plastic portion with the tab and replace them without having to cut-and-splice the wires. In the photo one example is just under where the tape with 3 on it is.

I'm guessing they can be gotten somewhere but I don't know what to look for. I need some type of name to narrow down the search.

What's the proper name and does someone sell just the replacement plastic and seal portions?

I've found some marked Delphi and some with Weathertite but I don't know if they will fit or not.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:46 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,255 Likes on 2,018 Posts

For most you can buy just the connector body. For most you can do just the body with no cut/splice. The only exception is if a connector body and terminals are "pull to seat". There are a few but not many in the mid '80 - '96 C4 production.

In the FSM @ 8A-202- most all of the connector bodies are identified. It gets a little difficult until you're very familiar with Delphi and others but there's many sources.

I don't buy from EFI Connections but it's very easy to ID most using their web-presence. Use the link here and pick "by engine type" and poke around for "parts & pieces".

https://www.eficonnection.com/eficon...rPigtails.aspx

Last edited by WVZR-1; 01-20-2016 at 08:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
gdl2165 (01-21-2016)
Old 01-20-2016, 08:56 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Appreciate it. Now that I know they're Delphi, that gives me something to start with. I looked at those pages in the FSM but didn't pick up anything other than the general shape so didn't know what to look for in getting new ends.

Get notified of new replies

To Electrical Connector question

Quick Reply: Electrical Connector question