Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Hwo do you get a C4 to stop leaking inside!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 04:11 AM
exitwound
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

My '87 has always leaked.

I find that by dropping the windows a couple of mm, rather than bunging them up tightly, water didn't come in while driving.

My carpeting has worn badly, so I removed the carpeting and insulation from the footwells and fitted that deep spikey rubber matting. Easy to clean and looks ok and I bored a few drain holes in the floor too, to allow any water ingress to escape.

Not the perfect solution, but it works and my car is dry.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:07 PM
mtwoolford
Melting Slicks

Received 194 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by chstitans42
Any pics of how to get to the drains? The puddle I get is in the driver's side, not the passenger side. Can that still be caused by this?
just look for them, there are all on the engine side of the firewall; all black rubber, three, may be 1/2 o.d, by 6 inch length from the cowl area, one larger maybe an inch or inch and a quarter od, from the very bottom of the A/C heater housing on the passengers side
Old 04-27-2016, 09:40 PM
FresnoVette
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Bendeco
Buy a mustang.
Haha....... NOT!
Old 04-28-2016, 05:13 PM
94corvetteC4
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

My 94 leaks on both sides depending on which way and how hard the wind is blowing the rain. I got the car in September of 2015 and so far the passenger side floor board has only filled up with water once to the point that I could tell that the carpet was soaked. I have looked closely at the weather stripping while the doors were shut and windows up and I can not see where the water is coming in at. It runs down the window onto the door panel and onto the door speakers which might be why the door speaker on the driver side doesn't work.

My car also at times when washing it the inside of the windows get glazed over with moisture even though I see no signs of water running down the window on the inside. The only reason the water vapor would condense on the inside of the car is if water is in the car but I cant find it when I look for it and it doesn't do it all the time only every once and a while.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:31 AM
scrappy76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ooo-C5
Buy a C5
Park in a Garage, C4's were not designed to get wet.

Word.

I know mine does not leak while sitting in the rain, and since I do not drive it while its raining I will never know if it leaks at that time.

Quick Reply: Hwo do you get a C4 to stop leaking inside!?!?!