C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Service light help on my c4

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 10:44 AM
PsarosJake
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service light help on my c4

I have a 1994 convertible c4 corvette. Sometimes when I get in the car and get on the gas just a little harder than usual, the dash will display a red BRAKE! Light. So then I'll break and two service/warning lights come on saying Servive ABS and Service ASR? The car will drive fine when the lights are on and then when I turn the car off and start it again they are gone and the process repeats. I'm at a loss for what the problem could be? Any ideas?
Old 04-28-2016, 11:04 AM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Check brake fluid level. If its low fluid can slosh away from fluid level sensor while driving setting light and possibly low fluid dtcs. You should also check brake pads for wear since fluid is displaced as pads wear ...ie ...low fluid level due worn out pads.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:48 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Brake fluid level in the MC reservoir is a cause for those lights to come on duringt hard braking. Even if the level is something like a 1/4" below full, the fluid can slosh around and cause the lights.

The Full mark is molded into the reservoir and can be hard to see. Just keep the fluid level at the Full mark and you should be OK.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:44 AM
Stephen Vogel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exact same thing happened to mine last week.
Topped up the brake fluid and all good now. My reservoir was a bit more than a quarter empty and didn't take much to get the lights out.

Get notified of new replies

To Service light help on my c4

Quick Reply: Service light help on my c4