C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Lost clutch preasure couldn't shift into any gear

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 09:02 PM
jimduffy
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Lost clutch preasure couldn't shift into any gear

Went out for a ride car running great enjoying new tires when went to shift hard getting into gear when pushing on clutch and shifting (manual 4 plus 3 1987 coupe 61,000 miles) pulled over and car was in neutral couldn't get into gear , turned car off and was able to get in gear ,4th ,started car, gave her gas and was able to drive home and drove right to repair shop . They going to work on Monday replace master cylinder and sleave and fluid say 90 percent sure problem , wow so worried , never had any issues with car , my bad not getting clutch fliud service owe car 16 yrs 2nd owner , anybody run into problem
Old 04-30-2016, 09:29 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by jimduffy
Went out for a ride car running great enjoying new tires when went to shift hard getting into gear when pushing on clutch and shifting (manual 4 plus 3 1987 coupe 61,000 miles) pulled over and car was in neutral couldn't get into gear , turned car off and was able to get in gear ,4th ,started car, gave her gas and was able to drive home and drove right to repair shop . They going to work on Monday replace master cylinder and sleave and fluid say 90 percent sure problem , wow so worried , never had any issues with car , my bad not getting clutch fliud service owe car 16 yrs 2nd owner , anybody run into problem
This should not be a problem to repair. I'm guessing, but I wouldn't think its going to cost you more than a few hundred bucks. There is probably nothing wrong with the master cylinder and I wouldn't replace it unless its failed for sure.
The following users liked this post:
jimduffy (05-02-2016)
Old 04-30-2016, 09:38 PM
jimduffy
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by amotoxracer
this should not be a problem to repair. I'm guessing, but i wouldn't think its going to cost you more than a few hundred bucks. There is probably nothing wrong with the master cylinder and i wouldn't replace it unless its failed for sure.
thanks and thanks on advice garage gave me that kind of price too . Hope thats all , would be happy happy get her back
Old 05-01-2016, 07:30 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Well....A bit 'OT', but how often do you bleed the clutch, and (especially) the brakes?
Old 05-01-2016, 08:22 AM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Had mine go bad right after buying the car. Replace the MC and the slave, easier to do it all at one and it's not that much more. Parts came from NAPA. Watch the clutch switch up by the pivot on the clutch pedal, that can get misadjusted or broken during the replacement.

Bleeding can be a bear, do a quick search on bleeding and include the one on using the clutch pedal I've posted (it works)
The following users liked this post:
jimduffy (05-02-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Lost clutch preasure couldn't shift into any gear

Quick Reply: Lost clutch preasure couldn't shift into any gear