C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

A Pillar weatherstrip 95 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 02:46 PM
Mejjr
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Pillar weatherstrip 95 Coupe

Okay....best brand or company???? There are a million companies and I have heard stay away from the import style. Anyone with personal experience (good or bad) please weigh in and help me choose the best for the best price. Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-04-2016, 03:48 PM
sluggballz
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 121 Posts

CRC brand from Wilcox. I replaced the original three years ago with one from eBay. It sucked. I replaced it again a year later with one from a forum vendor, it too sucked. The one from Wilcox looked better, felt better, and most importantly , fit better. After three years, my 95 vert is weathertight again. I also replaced all the other stripping around the door glass and the rear hoop. Best that I've found.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:20 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by sluggballz
CRC brand from Wilcox. I replaced the original three years ago with one from eBay. It sucked. I replaced it again a year later with one from a forum vendor, it too sucked. The one from Wilcox looked better, felt better, and most importantly , fit better. After three years, my 95 vert is weathertight again. I also replaced all the other stripping around the door glass and the rear hoop. Best that I've found.

And since you purchased yours it's been made even better... We installed one last week and the fit was perfect.

Willcox
The following users liked this post:
kenmohr (05-05-2016)
Old 05-05-2016, 09:08 AM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 626 Likes on 488 Posts

I had a windshield replaced on my '94. They used a new weatherstrip (unknown brand). The top did not fit right and there was massive leaks at the driver's window (A pillar). There was even a molded bump in the seal area.

I had them order Willcox weatherstrip and then everything fit with no leaks.

Get notified of new replies

To A Pillar weatherstrip 95 Coupe

Quick Reply: A Pillar weatherstrip 95 Coupe