Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 02:42 PM
Oceanbiz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 11994 C4 remote locking system problem

Hi all,
My recently purchased 1994 C4.

I finally found a new remote key fob and programmed it.
It unlocks the hatch so I know it works.
It unlocks the passenger side but does not lock it. It does nothing on the driver side but I hear a motor running in the door so maybe something is broken like a gear ???

Please tell me what you think ?

Dan
Old 05-24-2016, 02:52 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Are you pushing the button to open the door? If you are your turning it on and off. You just walk up to the car and it unlocks.

Last edited by antfarmer2; 05-24-2016 at 02:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Oceanbiz (05-24-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 03:03 PM
Oceanbiz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I walk up to the car nothing happens. I only get unlocking action by pressing the door button on the Key Fob . It unlocks the passenger door but not the driver door. The hatch opens if I press the hatch button.

Dan
Old 05-24-2016, 03:11 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Oceanbiz
When I walk up to the car nothing happens. I only get unlocking action by pressing the door button on the Key Fob . It unlocks the passenger door but not the driver door. The hatch opens if I press the hatch button.

Dan
Stop pushing the door button and try again.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:55 PM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

You have the system turned "off". This is in your owners manual. Stand outside the car and hold down the "door" button until you hear a clack-clack. Now it should unlock both doors when you approach and lock both doors when you walk away. The door button unlocks the pass. door but never unlocks the drivers door. And the door button never locks anything.

Last edited by markKlein; 05-24-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:05 PM
Klondike
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts

Don't worry, ALL new owners are confused about those things. Try this:
If you are standing next to the car, when you push and hold the door button on the fob for about 3 or 4 seconds, you will hear a CLACK-CLACK. If you look at the passenger door through the window you can see the lock slide on the door slide back and fourth. That is the sound of the Passive door locks turning either ON or OFF. Try that, and then walk away from the car more than 20 feet. After about 5 or 10 seconds, if you hear the horn do a short toot, that means the car is locked now. All you have to do is walk up to the car and the doors will automatically unlock without even taking the fob out of your pocket. When you walk away again, the doors will automatically lock again. Once it is armed, you don't have to touch the fob at all. When you walk away, it locks and the horn will give a short toot. When you come close to the car again, it will unlock.
When you press and hold the door button again, the CLACK-CLACK sound will toggle the auto locking function OFF again. That comes in handy if you are washing the car or something where you will be walking up to and away from the car a lot, so it doesn't lock and unlock every time you get close or walk away.
You can also program it to unlock ONLY the drivers door or BOTH doors by putting the key in the ignition and pressing the door button on the fob till it cycles the locks. That also is a toggle ON-OFF function.
Go play with it and tell us how you like it now.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:17 PM
94corvetteC4
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I have my PKE turned on for convenience but it does get annoying when you have to walk past the car a few times and the doors keep unlocking and locking. My passenger door will not program though. I put the key in the ignition and press and hold the door button and the locks will cycle but for some reason I cant get it set to where it unlocks both doors. I also have moments where I walk away from the car and I don't hear the locks cycle and the horn doesn't sound. I turn around and walk back towards the car and it will cycle then I turn around again and walk away and the doors will lock the second time.

I'm so use to just walking away from the car and the doors automatically locking that today I drove my mustang and ran a few errands in town and got something to eat without locking my car. I had a $200 pair of Oakley sunglasses sitting in the passenger seat that anyone could have taken.

Update: I got PKE set to open my passenger door and driver door. Apparently I was letting go of the button early. I found that I had to let the lock cycle twice. The first cycle was the passenger door unlocking. The second cycle both doors locked then unlocked. Now both doors unlock automatically.

Last edited by 94corvetteC4; 05-25-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 11994 C4 remote locking system problem

Quick Reply: 11994 C4 remote locking system problem