C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Oil Leak C4 lt-1

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 02:54 PM
gstatucki
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leak C4 lt-1

I have an oil leak at the oil plug bolt that I can not stop, It is very minor but I want to fix. Tried a compressible copper washer and that did not stop leak. Is getting an oversize plug bolt the way to go? The are available at Auto Zone. If that does not do the fix a new oil pan and plug?
Old 05-30-2016, 05:19 PM
Christi@n
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by gstatucki
I have an oil leak at the oil plug bolt that I can not stop, It is very minor but I want to fix. Tried a compressible copper washer and that did not stop leak. Is getting an oversize plug bolt the way to go? The are available at Auto Zone. If that does not do the fix a new oil pan and plug?
I know that GM makes the OEM washer for drain plug that is copper-soft rubber as far as i remember p, RA Seems that have that.

I've never tried this, but could it work. At the moment i use felpro nylon gasket, i have that little leak too
Old 05-30-2016, 05:36 PM
gstatucki
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Christi@n
I know that GM makes the OEM washer for drain plug that is copper-soft rubber as far as i remember p, RA Seems that have that.

I've never tried this, but could it work. At the moment i use felpro nylon gasket, i have that little leak too
Thanks for the reply and info.

Get notified of new replies

To Oil Leak C4 lt-1

Quick Reply: Oil Leak C4 lt-1