Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Starting Issues

Old 06-26-2016, 10:36 AM
Klgrayson
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Starting Issues

Has anyone experience a starting problem after driving your car for a period of time.Happen to me twice,car would turn over but not catch,had to spray some starting fluid to get it to catch. If someone has had this problem what did you do to make it go away. The car is a 1984 Vet
Old 06-26-2016, 01:06 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Guessing gets expensive. Do you hear fuel pump come on when you turn key on? Do both injectors spray fuel when car won't start? Does check engine light work and are there any codes stored? Do you have fuel pressure gauge, spark tester, test light, a manual preferably FSM ?
Old 06-26-2016, 01:11 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Klgrayson
Has anyone experience a starting problem after driving your car for a period of time.Happen to me twice,car would turn over but not catch,had to spray some starting fluid to get it to catch. If someone has had this problem what did you do to make it go away. The car is a 1984 Vet
Did it run then? Might just be a clogged filter or sock or fuel pump saying goodbye. put a pressure gauge on it and see what it reads.

Last edited by antfarmer2; 06-26-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:54 PM
Klgrayson
Instructor

Default starting issues

Once I used the starting fluid the car does start and runs,haven't check the injectors prior to writing about my problem,will check it next time. tHE FUEL FILTER IS ABOUT 6 MONTHS OLD AND THE FUEL PUMP ABOUT ONE YEAR OLD
Old 06-26-2016, 08:03 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Once I used the starting fluid the car does start and runs,haven't check the injectors prior to writing about my problem,will check it next time. tHE FUEL FILTER IS ABOUT 6 MONTHS OLD AND THE FUEL PUMP ABOUT ONE YEAR OLD
Did you use the proper hose to replace the pulsater and a new sock. What is your fuel pressure and how long dies it hold?
Old 06-26-2016, 08:32 PM
Klgrayson
Instructor

Default fuel pressure

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
Did you use the proper hose to replace the pulsater and a new sock. What is your fuel pressure and how long dies it hold?
Don't know the fuel pressure ,but the next time it happen I will have the wife to start the car so I can at least watch and see if gas is being sprayed like it is suppose to...thanks for the info
Old 06-26-2016, 08:38 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Don't know the fuel pressure ,but the next time it happen I will have the wife to start the car so I can at least watch and see if gas is being sprayed like it is suppose to...thanks for the info
Sounds dangerous.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:32 AM
cherrypoppins
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my first day of owning a 1984 and mine was hard to start try some sea foam

Last edited by cherrypoppins; 07-06-2016 at 01:33 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Starting Issues

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Starting Issues