C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Reset Button?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 08:04 AM
1stVetteFinally
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Reset Button?

Ok, so the VATS in my car started giving me some issues. I decided I was going to bypass it. I assembled my line of resistors equaling the resistance of my key's pellet and started taking the dash panel under the steering column off. When I got the panels screws removed so it would drop down so I could disconnect the dash light, I saw a second set of wires (a thin white and thin black one) going to the panel. These wires were directly wired to a button installed in the panel. Out of curiosity, I hit the button and turned the key. The damn thing turned over (for the first time in 2 weeks after trying every day to get it to start). Has anyone heard of anything like this before. I seriously doubt that button came with the car from the factory. The car does have an security system in it, but I have no idea what brand or model it is. Did me pushing this button actually cause the car to start? Or is it just a coincidence that the car started after pushing the button (I did try one last time before starting the bypass) and I still have a VATS issue to deal with?

Last edited by 1stVetteFinally; 07-18-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:04 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Someone added it, you may find additional theft deterrent system on car.

Quick Reply: Reset Button?