C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Tire review after a few weeks

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 01:35 AM
streetstylekyle
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Tire review after a few weeks

If you want to get 285's in the rear and 255's in the front that are all seasons so you don't destroy your wallet get Yokohama advan A/S tires. I took the pm to the snake in Malibu and I didn't feel like they sucked. Actually they performed well above expectations even with this staggered setup. No understeer or oversteer when pushing the car. Also I have a 96 auto.
The following users liked this post:
kg4fku (09-30-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 07:56 AM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

It might be useful to list the year of Vette, size of the tires, size rims and offset too and if you're running any form of spacers etc. Might make a difference if someone is considering this combination to know what works or not.

Thanks for the info provided.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:11 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

Originally Posted by hcbph
It might be useful to list the year of Vette, size of the tires, size rims and offset too and if you're running any form of spacers etc. Might make a difference if someone is considering this combination to know what works or not.

Thanks for the info provided.
that is very good feedback thanks. i think a lot of the younger crowd will be changing out the wheelsets on the 80's units as they pick them up cheap. new rims on these cars bring them way forward.

I run stock 2009 c6 z51 rim and tires setup on my 87 z52 and it completely changed the handling of the car, for the better, by far. i'll never go back to the previous stock setup. my adapters are fitted and torqued to 100ft lbs and i have zero issues. adapters: a pair of the 1.5 inch and A pair of the 1.25 inch. from pe.motorwerks on that big auction site. done it twice with a 87 z52 and an 85 z51. looks amazing, drives amazing.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:16 PM
streetstylekyle
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not using spacers at all the wheels are from a 2005 c6 base model. As in the chrome 5 spokes

Get notified of new replies

To Tire review after a few weeks

Quick Reply: Tire review after a few weeks