C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

93 Vette ASR

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 12:31 PM
Montie1
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Vette ASR

My 93 vette runs fine but on occasion the service asr light comes on and the car won't start. It's been at dyer chev for over 2 weeks and their mechanic tells me "i'm stumped". Any advice as to how to solve this problem.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:17 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

ASR light means there is a code. What code do you have?
Old 10-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Montie1
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by 93Rubie
ASR light means there is a code. What code do you have?
The car is at Dyer Chev and they tell me the code doesn't match anything they have
Old 10-11-2016, 11:59 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Originally Posted by Montie1
The car is at Dyer Chev and they tell me the code doesn't match anything they have
Ask them for all of the codes - You want C - current and any that are H - history. Post back with them. Car is drive-able and you just took it there for diagnostics? If they can't supply you with the codes I'd maybe be very reluctant to do a "for hire" of anything to the car. I'd be very reluctant to maybe even consider the diagnostic fees they likely mentioned. What do they want to charge you for what they've done?

You're in VERO?

Maybe reach out to "toptechx6" a user here for years that understands these cars. I believe he's actually selling his '93.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...toptechx6.html

Last edited by WVZR-1; 10-11-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:23 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

I agree with WVZR-1, I'm calling BS. Sounds to me like they don't want to mess with it and don't have any idea what they are doing with an older Corvette. Its a shame because a good mechanic can fix anything or figure it out. I work on Nissans all day and I see older ones, they don't scare me at all. They are simpler in many ways and I'll figure it out. We have the resources its not that hard to look stuff up unless your lazy.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:30 AM
Montie1
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Ask them for all of the codes - You want C - current and any that are H - history. Post back with them. Car is drive-able and you just took it there for diagnostics? If they can't supply you with the codes I'd maybe be very reluctant to do a "for hire" of anything to the car. I'd be very reluctant to maybe even consider the diagnostic fees they likely mentioned. What do they want to charge you for what they've done?

You're in VERO?

Maybe reach out to "toptechx6" a user here for years that understands these cars. I believe he's actually selling his '93.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...toptechx6.html
We are in Port St Lucie

Yesterday Dyer called and said my 93 has been starting every time they tried it so I may as well pick it up. There will be no charge since they didn't fix anything.
When I went to get it, it wouldn't start and when they put a test on it, it showed something shutting down the injectors. They still have the car.
I didn't see your email until after I got home so I called this morning to get the code info, they are to call me back.
They did admit that working on a Corvette this old was new to them, but they would do all they could to resolve the problem.

Get notified of new replies

To 93 Vette ASR

Quick Reply: 93 Vette ASR