Thanks and appreciation to the board

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 10:39 PM
drcook
Safety Car

Received 959 Likes on 734 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
Default Thanks and appreciation to the board

I want to thank all of the forum members that have been helping me get knowledgeable about the C4's and the ways to deal with them. There are a bunch of you that have sold me parts, manuals, shared knowledge and how to's over the last few months.

All of the forum members have been helping me catch up (even though the C4's are 20+ years old) as my knowledge of cars/gasoline engines had stopped back in 1991 when I sold my '65.

Since 04 I have been dabbling in the diesel world and while hot rodding is hot rodding, there are some peculiarities of the LT1/LT4 engines that have to be taken into account as well as the particular design of the C4's which are totally different than the C2 platform that I was most familiar with

The car is getting there. I am accumulating my parts so that I can do it all at once. So far I have:

LS1 coils, going to get the LTCC box soon
new Bilsteins compatible with the 1996 Z51 suspension
new pads and rotors
complete Banski rear suspension
the Banksi shock modifications are on the way
front camber brace is on the way right now
convertible X-brace is in the shed, waiting to get blasted and painted

soon I will get the rest of the bushings for the batwing, rack % pinion, sway bar and front end

back when I was younger, I learned to do the platform first, then come back and do the power train and I only want to take it apart once so now I am working out what to do with the engine, trans rearend.

I have been reading what all of you have done and applying it to the end result of what I want, your collective knowledge has allowed me leapfrog 20 years ahead :-)

there has been board members that have been gracious enough to answer the PM's I sent them with questions. thank you

thanks
dc
The following users liked this post:
H Watkins (10-23-2016)
Old 10-23-2016, 08:53 AM
BrandensBeast
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 136 Posts

Old 10-24-2016, 03:11 PM
jay23ls
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 81 Posts

Im too much of a novice to have helped but its good to see someone else showing appreciation for the forum

Get notified of new replies

To Thanks and appreciation to the board

Quick Reply: Thanks and appreciation to the board