C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Performance auto transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 06:21 PM
arbee
Melting Slicks

Received 542 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
True. Every builder, no matter how good has a chance of failure somewhere. However, a builder with an excellent reputation for a certain item has a smaller chance than someone who has never done one and is learning or has probably done one several years ago. Again, YouTube videos are great. That said, a reference from someone like a LPE or similar means more than any video. Sure, he will have a few disgruntled customers. That is par for the course. If you have a lot of bad feedback, it makes me leery of you as a professional. OTOH, if you have a lot of other professional people staking their reputation on you, that makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

10 minivan customers saying you are good might not impress me for a performance build. 2 well known engine builders will.

Yes, I can spend a lot of energy and get frustrated banging on doors sifting the wheat from the chaff but why not get someone that is known for that sort of build? I could get your buddy to build my trans or I can keep banging around and getting frustrated. Might as well get someone good in the first place. Less frustration than trying to sift through the mess of idiots which are in abundance.
As I said, you have a right to your opinion. Please let the rest here have theirs. So far, your opinion has not been supported by anyone else. You have proven in other threads that you are willing to argue something right into the ground. I have no time for that. You can have the last word, which you have shown you cherish.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:42 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by arbee
As I said, you have a right to your opinion. Please let the rest here have theirs. So far, your opinion has not been supported by anyone else. You have proven in other threads that you are willing to argue something right into the ground. I have no time for that. You can have the last word, which you have shown you cherish.
I could have sworn 383Vett suggested the same thing but I suppose he has a more likable style than I do. No matter. Perhaps YOU would indulge me the simple question of why someone would go interview a bunch of local builders and get frustrated in the process vs making 1 call to a shop recommended by performance builders?
Old 12-07-2016, 09:25 PM
A Peter C4
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by arbee
Your statement is so true.

Quick Reply: Performance auto transmissions