C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 01:12 AM
Mishawaka
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Injectors

Would a set of F5DE-B5A work on my stock 92? They are Ford injectors from what I understand but was told they will work.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:50 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

It depends on the flow rate of the injectors. Keep in mind that different injector manufacturers used different standardized pressures to rate their injector flow rates. This means that you cannot compare injectors from different manufacturers directly.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:01 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,234 Likes on 1,943 Posts

Have you thought of getting a set of reman or new if you feel like it from FIC? I'd get reman and have them tested and cleaned every 3 years or so.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:49 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 703 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
Have you thought of getting a set of reman or new if you feel like it from FIC? I'd get reman and have them tested and cleaned every 3 years or so.
no flames, but personally, I think every 3 years is a bit much unless I notice some performance issues that might be related to the injectors, however, for what it cost to clean and "recondition" it's as cheap, or cheaper, to toss them and get another set of boschIII's from FIC. last time I checked, FIC gets $22.50 (per injector) to clean and test - 8 X 22.5 = $180 (plus, i'm thinking maybe, 2-way shipping) https://fuelinjectorconnection.com/c...jector-service . a rebuilt set is $170 (plus 1-way shipping) - https://fuelinjectorconnection.com/c...sch-design-iii . one could also sell the old set on fleabay as "cores" for $30 or so, making it even cheaper yet to "toss-em".
Old 02-20-2017, 07:10 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,234 Likes on 1,943 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe C
no flames, but personally, I think every 3 years is a bit much unless I notice some performance issues that might be related to the injectors, however, for what it cost to clean and "recondition" it's as cheap, or cheaper, to toss them and get another set of boschIII's from FIC. last time I checked, FIC gets $22.50 (per injector) to clean and test - 8 X 22.5 = $180 (plus, i'm thinking maybe, 2-way shipping) https://fuelinjectorconnection.com/c...jector-service . a rebuilt set is $170 (plus 1-way shipping) - https://fuelinjectorconnection.com/c...sch-design-iii . one could also sell the old set on fleabay as "cores" for $30 or so, making it even cheaper yet to "toss-em".
Problem is that I don't notice any difference. I had a collapsed filter that was messing flow big time, IIRC 30% on 1 injector but can't feel it. It changes so gradually that most, if not all aren't aware. If it were to fail, yes. I lose about 20 to 40 cc of flow. At the same time, I clean up the TB.

You have a point there. I have them checked and maybe costs more but it helps to monitor how badly the injectors get clogged up. So if every time it loses 20cc in 3 years but this time it jumped to 60cc, I have to start finding a better fuel source and change my usual location. Also, I'm not sure how much reman injectors cost for me. I am using 42pph. Still, it won't hurt to ask Jon later today
Old 02-20-2017, 06:32 PM
C409
Le Mans Master

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

..... Google Stan Weiss Fuel Injector Flow Chart for info on just about ANY fuel injector .....

Get notified of new replies

To Injectors

Quick Reply: Injectors